• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

ECU programming

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
I am trying to program a Savage ECU to work in my truck to take it to the dealer when having the truck serviced. I used a OBD link LX adapter and the AlfaOBD program. I was able to program the VIN into the used ECU and also the injector codes. When I try to start the vehicle the radio goes blank and the truck will not start. So I hooked a battery charger to the battery to keep the voltage up while trying to start the truck. But it still will not start, any help would be very appreciated

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
What year Truck? 2016 and what year was the ECU removed from?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
If your looking to fool the FCA, its only going to be temporary, FCA will only ALLOW token purchases in the future for ECM/PCM flashings. its My understanding each WITECH MICII will be coupled to the token to purchase for 1 year VIN#. If the Module is molested without this token ,FCA will know instantly

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
What year Truck? 2016 and what year was the ECU removed from?
I have a 2016 truck, the ECU came from a 2015 truck. I was able to program the Vin number into the ECU and the injector codes. But the truck will not start, the radio goes blank and the voltage on the battery drops. The battery is less than a year old and was working fine before I change the ECU. I have given up and put back in my GDE tune ECU. The salvage yard ECU wins, LOL. I will attach some pictures to show you what the ECU was doing while it was installed.

Attachments

• 6DCD3C34-46D1-43CA-B21C-5E651F1B73D8.jpeg
    6DCD3C34-46D1-43CA-B21C-5E651F1B73D8.jpeg
    251.8 KB · Views: 10

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Yep, its hit or miss, WITECH most likely could re-flash and re-write the VIN and program the rest. ALFA writes but cannot Flash to current VIN

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
Yep, its hit or miss, WITECH most likely could re-flash and re-write the VIN and program the rest. ALFA writes but cannot Flash to current VIN
I spent TWO days trying to get the ECU programed to work in my truck. I have been on a couple of eco-diesel forums that’s where I got the idea to use AlfOBD and OBD lx adapt to change the vin and the injector codes. But I could not get it to work.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Seen, or follow this writeup?

Attachments

• Reprogramming ECM.pdf
    328.8 KB · Views: 50

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I figured so. Sorry I don't have any help. It worked for a junkyard ECM that I used. I think it was from a 2016 and my truck is a 2015.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Yea no problems with it. In fact, I wrote the VIN and injector codes to the junkyard ECM to work in my truck. Then it was overwritten by FCA with the latest update, which I ran for a few weeks. Finally the ECM was overwritten again with a tune from HD Diesel that I am currently running.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
ECM/PCM's have different sales codes, Radio, EVIC, Packages ETC. If current ECM cannot communicate with X module ( Does or Does not ) have it go's blank. Now that being said the ECM / PCM (Used) can be re-flash in most cases to current sales code VIA WITECH ONLY.

RFL, I'm going to stress this it was only BY X your not Flat bedding that truck to dealer, NOW if you know the exact model Limited, Laramie, ETC AND....... its equip exactly as host truck you can probably at this time get by with WRITES ONLY.