• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EGR #2 Failure

Will_CathVT

Jul 9, 2019
Truck Year
2016 went into dealer service today with 64K using up anti-freeze...EGR #2 is failing. EGR #1 was replaced in the fall, I think around 50K. As we all know, no parts available until further notice, the dealer set me up with a RAM SLT. The service department told me my truck was safe for now, I declined to take it back considering how many entries I've seen here regarding fires. To their credit, the dealer didn't balk. Early in the process, details to follow.

-STIGLITZ-

Nov 17, 2019
Truck Year
2016 went into dealer service today with 64K using up anti-freeze...EGR #2 is failing. EGR #1 was replaced in the fall, I think around 50K. As we all know, no parts available until further notice, the dealer set me up with a RAM SLT. The service department told me my truck was safe for now, I declined to take it back considering how many entries I've seen here regarding fires. To their credit, the dealer didn't balk. Early in the process, details to follow.
Sorry to hear that brother! Hope everything works out.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed

At least they're aware they are failing and didn't say drive it.. that's a win.. sounds like you may have a decent, knowledgeable dealer. Keep us updated on how it turns out.

Will_CathVT

Jul 9, 2019
Truck Year
Update..dealer installed a replacement EGR cooler this week. Don't know where they got it from, they told me it was not the recall part. I understand the recall EGR cooler is starting to show up so it'll have to go back when they have the part in. The emergency brake system was locked up so they replaced the shoes, cables, etc. That was expensive, they had to pull the axels to replace the parts. They replaced the front stabilizer bushings, etc. Labor was as much as the parts. Looked into trading the Eco in, after driving it again today, I'll wait. Still like the truck, darn it!

Will_CathVT

Jul 9, 2019
Truck Year
By way of update...since getting the truck back I received notice that I did indeed receive the recall EGR cooler. I was concerned after a few weeks of having an anti-freeze smell. After further investigation, the dealer overfilled the reservoir tank and it had to drain off the extra. Since then I've had no issues. Considering I went from driving approximately 150 miles a day down to 40 round trip, I've had no issues (he says knocking on wood). Still love the truck...