• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Egr delete a must

Tkhill04

Nov 27, 2017
Truck Year
i finally got my stock intake manifold off to replace with banks intake manifold. The swirl valves were all stuck open and packed full of soot. There was so much soot in the engine idk how they expect this truck to last as a diesel should. I have 106k on mine and had I not done this delete I would have never known.

Attachments

• IMG_2005.JPG
    IMG_2005.JPG
    396.5 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG_2006.JPG
    IMG_2006.JPG
    437.9 KB · Views: 386

Zachary

Oct 22, 2017
Truck Year
Were you tuned for any of those miles? I'm very interested in replacing my manifold with Banks' after my warranty is up in 2 years; if you make a video or have any instructions it would be very appreciated!

Tkhill04

Nov 27, 2017
Truck Year
Were you tuned for any of those miles? I'm very interested in replacing my manifold with Banks' after my warranty is up in 2 years; if you make a video or have any instructions it would be very appreciated!
No all miles were stock. And I have it most of the way back together now. Just have to reconnect wiring harness and fuel lines. But if you decide to do it and have questions I can help you out.

Zachary

Oct 22, 2017
Truck Year
No all miles were stock. And I have it most of the way back together now. Just have to reconnect wiring harness and fuel lines. But if you decide to do it and have questions I can help you out.
Thank you! Make sure you stay on here for at least 2 years, gotta keep that powertrain warranty!

Tkhill04

Nov 27, 2017
Truck Year
Thank you! Make sure you stay on here for at least 2 years, gotta keep that powertrain warranty!
Haha I'll be on here but I did the same thing man waited for powertrain to run out and at 106k went into limp mode because egr cooler was leaking and melted my map sensor into my intake manifold.

Zachary

Oct 22, 2017
Truck Year
That's a bummer! The only thing that concerns me with this truck is emissions. Once they go bad, they go for good. I like the idea of "clean diesel" but not at the expense of engine longevity or at the tune of $2,000+ for a simple fix! Looking forward to seeing your final install pics and how it all went.

Tkhill04

Nov 27, 2017
Truck Year
That's a bummer! The only thing that concerns me with this truck is emissions. Once they go bad, they go for good. I like the idea of "clean diesel" but not at the expense of engine longevity or at the tune of $2,000+ for a simple fix! Looking forward to seeing your final install pics and how it all went.
Yeah that's the problem, it is at the expense of longevity. We have the def shit on our tractors now. It's rediculous. And to fix my truck the dealer wanted 4300 for parts and labor and fully deleted everything my self for less than 3 grand. And don't have to worry about it failing again or my engine filling up with soot.

Marl Ward

Jan 9, 2018
Truck Year
But you do have to worry about passing emissions that is my biggest concern with ta 55k vehicle it will be a driver and every two years we have to do a emissions check in california which is a inspection both under the hood and under the vehicle as well as OBD2 sniff. IF they (CARB) detect anything has been removed which they will fail it, and I dont get my registration. This is why I am leaving the state soon but not sure about other states requirements . Deletes concern me for that reason and that reason alone other then that if we had no EPA and regulations mine would be gone in a new your minute

Tkhill04

Nov 27, 2017
Truck Year
But you do have to worry about passing emissions that is my biggest concern with ta 55k vehicle it will be a driver and every two years we have to do a emissions check in california which is a inspection both under the hood and under the vehicle as well as OBD2 sniff. IF they (CARB) detect anything has been removed which they will fail it, and I dont get my registration. This is why I am leaving the state soon but not sure about other states requirements . Deletes concern me for that reason and that reason alone other then that if we had no EPA and regulations mine would be gone in a new your minute
Yeah that’s a problem, we don’t have those tests in Florida. Unfortunatly for me I waited too long to delete my egr and am currently having to buy an engine. I am 110% convinced that the egr system ruined this truck. The stock intake manifold is set up to completely shut off outside airflow when egr is recirculating. Dumbest thing they could ever do to a Diesel engine.

Josh Cuthbert

Sep 13, 2018
Truck Year
Haha I'll be on here but I did the same thing man waited for powertrain to run out and at 106k went into limp mode because egr cooler was leaking and melted my map sensor into my intake manifold.
I have the same banks manifold what did you use for egr delete kit?

Marauderer

Oct 6, 2018
Truck Year
TKHill04, Thanks for the thread. I did the EGR Stg 1 delete using CB Engineering kit. Two flange blanks and bolts to use on one of the blanks. I have 31K mi on my JGC. I also did the CCV Reroute. They both really cleaned up the intake. I am looking at the Banks intake and some other performance mods. I live in Georgia and so far we do not have any diesel emissions. There are also aerosol sprays that can be sprayed into the intake with the engine running at fast idle to clean up the intake side

DSCF6818-L.jpg

This is the EDR Diffuser being removed at 31K mi.

Tkhill04

Nov 27, 2017
Truck Year
TKHill04, Thanks for the thread. I did the EGR Stg 1 delete using CB Engineering kit. Two flange blanks and bolts to use on one of the blanks. I have 31K mi on my JGC. I also did the CCV Reroute. They both really cleaned up the intake. I am looking at the Banks intake and some other performance mods. I live in Georgia and so far we do not have any diesel emissions. There are also aerosol sprays that can be sprayed into the intake with the engine running at fast idle to clean up the intake side

DSCF6818-L.jpg

This is the EDR Diffuser being removed at 31K mi.
Here is what will be in your stock intake manifold. And I don’t think my diffuser looked that bad.

Attachments

• 9136F0F7-CF8F-4B15-BACB-00C73DE3B2E0.jpeg
    9136F0F7-CF8F-4B15-BACB-00C73DE3B2E0.jpeg
    421.4 KB · Views: 172

jmeche

Jan 28, 2019
Truck Year
we just had someone do the delete on ours. egr went out. still having a few issues. I have an error message now saying exhaust is 90% full and check engine light is on.

Former Hemi Guy

Jan 27, 2018
Truck Year
So I waited until 39k miles to get the GDE hot tune. While swapping the ECM I also pulled the EGR tube to take a look. Pretty ugly. Pumping all that soot back into the engine.
Tune giving at least 2-3 mpg improvement as well. Kept the old ECM which may bode well for software “fix”.

Attachments

• C84255DE-56F9-4E3D-AA58-C47F774D9DD3.jpeg
    C84255DE-56F9-4E3D-AA58-C47F774D9DD3.jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 76

EcoClay95

Dec 12, 2018
Truck Year
we just had someone do the delete on ours. egr went out. still having a few issues. I have an error message now saying exhaust is 90% full and check engine light is on.

I had a check engine light on mine too when I put my gde in. Checked for codes and came up with nothing. Cleared it and hit the highway for my regen.

swordfish

Nov 15, 2015
Truck Year
installed gde at 5000 miles build up was not to bad on tube, I checked it again at 40,000 I was really pleased no sludge or build up1941

Attachments

• DSCF0901.JPG
    DSCF0901.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 67