• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EGR delete/DEF delete

defibvt

Dec 14, 2019
Truck Year
I live in Phoenix, AZ. We are required to have our vehicles smog tested yearly or every other year. Is doing these deletes out of the question?

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Yes I believe so.

defibvt

Dec 14, 2019
Truck Year
Kind of what I thought...lots of maintenance will now be need to keep this truck running.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I live in Phoenix, AZ. We are required to have our vehicles smog tested yearly or every other year. Is doing these deletes out of the question?

There are various levels of engine tunes that will maximize your vehicles performance that you can easily take in and out for testing and at least one compliant tune that should help with the longevity of your vehicle.

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
move to an unincorporated area, I live down in Ajo & we have no testing requirements.
I did a stage 1 from SFT & can run distilled water in place of DEF.

defibvt

Dec 14, 2019
Truck Year
There are various levels of engine tunes that will maximize your vehicles performance that you can easily take in and out for testing and at least one compliant tune that should help with the longevity of your vehicle.
Could you please elaborate.

defibvt

Dec 14, 2019
Truck Year
Unfortunately, this is not an option.
move to an unincorporated area, I live down in Ajo & we have no testing requirements.
I did a stage 1 from SFT & can run distilled water in place of DEF.
Unfortunately, this is not an option.

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
You could tune it & pull the tune & return to stock for smog tests. I would advise you to install something to monitor things better than what ram provides, I would suggest an EDGE CTS2 or CTS 3, also suggest setting it to monitor regens & when it stars make sure you allow it to finish, these engines are not optimized for short trip driving.

defibvt

Dec 14, 2019
Truck Year
Funny thing is I have never had a regen. I have put on about 10,000 miles.

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
Not knowing, THAT'S WHY I RECOMMEND SOMETHING THAT CAN BE SET TO SEE THESE THINGS. Before I did the tune mine would regen about every 100 miles or so, since tuning it's about 600 miles or so. also running a mix of DEF & distilled water.

ramtwins

Dec 7, 2020
Truck Year
I live in Phoenix and have been able to avoid all emissions on all my vehicles. I spent $500 and bought a piece of property uo by Pine Top. I use that as my home address with Phoenix as my mailing address. Problem solved 5 years ago:)