• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EGR Delete plus Banks manifold

RapidRoy

Sep 5, 2018
Truck Year
I really like my 14’ Ecodiesel (current recall issues aside), and want to keep it long term. I’ve been reading all the threads to figure out what I can do to keep it alive long term, but I’m still a bit confused. So hopefully some of you with experience with the Banks manifold can help me make sure I understand what can be done.

First, the Banks manifold kit could be installed to get rid of the coolant leak issue that has caused the latest EGR recall. I further assume this kit would simply replace parts and would cause no issues whatsoever with emissions issues etc.

Second, an EGR delete kit, could it even be purchased at this point, could be installed with or without the Banks intake and would also require an ECU retune to prevent engine code issues and make the engine run correctly.

So in summary there appears to be one legal path (intake replacement), with Banks the only option currently, and one illegal option (Intake+EGR_Delete+Tuner), with multiple sources for the EGR delete and tuner. Is that correct?

-STIGLITZ-

Nov 17, 2019
Truck Year
The manifold isn’t necessarily the issue. The EGR Cooler is the part that fails, ultimately. An EGR delete kit will set you straight. The Banks manifold couldn’t hurt in the long run, TBH. Those swirl valves are likely caked...

Green Diesel

Nov 17, 2015
Truck Year
The Bank's intake is not a legal option according to EPA and CARB. Banks does not have swirl ports and will fail emission test.

Nickvasel

Jan 19, 2020
Truck Year
I have a 2015 with 67k and considering doing the EGR delete, Looking for insight on a ECU tuning option< Anyone...

GreesyTaco

Jan 28, 2020
Truck Year
The only ones that I know of are sofakingtuned and hd diesel out of Canada. I'm positive there are more informed people here

-STIGLITZ-

Nov 17, 2019
Truck Year
Either of the above mentioned options will do ya fine. I’ve got the SofaKingTuned ECM tune and I love it.

Foxracingx02

Sep 13, 2019
Truck Year
Best way to go Performance and longevity wise is a full delete, upgraded intercooler, 3in cold and hot piping, banks intake. It'll burn the tires off.