• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EGR delete.

Busch2117

Oct 24, 2019
Truck Year
I’m new to feed so I’m hoping I posted this in the correct spot. I have a 2016 Ram 1500 eco diesel and I’m current looking into doing a egr delete. My question is if I install the 2 plates and don’t do the tune what will happen? I keep seeing in all the descriptions when I go to buy these plates about a tune. Where can I buy this tune?

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
SFT Tuning can give you what you need

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
welcome 2 the group if u block the egr u will need a tune right now the best tunes r coming out of Canada

CaptainMal

Oct 26, 2015
Truck Year
John is right. His recommendation seems to work.

HD Diesel out of Canada is an option I had recommended to me by a very respected person that "was" in the tuning business. I did not need it as my GDE was back in my Ecodiesel after the AEM so had no issues. Since then my local dealer offered me a super trade deal while I was there for that tailgate recall and I took it.

There is an EGR in the new 2019 Cummins. There is also no pattern or record of fires and trouble caused by its' operation. That does not mean a delete is not going to happen in the future as owners of all these diesels with an EGR are way better off without it.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
welcome 2 the group if u block the egr u will need a tune right now the best tunes r coming out of Canada
Not so sure they are the best tunes. SFT is a great tune and here in the USA

Northern Jet Diesel

Feb 5, 2019
Truck Year
Hello All. Having possibly the same EGR issue, I can see the arm melted/cracked on EGR, so not sure next step. Seems EGR is Pricey as Hell & system doesn't work anyway!
If I install EGR Delete, not sure if the Truck can pass Manitoba Safety should I want to sell. No idea where to turn, local Dealerships have no Diesel Only Mechanics it seems. I will check with HD Diesel to see if they have any good information on that. 2016 Eco Diesel Outdoorsman with 110,000km

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Not so sure they are the best tunes. SFT is a great tune and here in the USA
I WAS TOLD THAT THEY HAD THE EPA IN THERE AND WERE BUSTED SO THEY MUST BE SLEEPING WITH THE EPA THEY WOULD B CRAZY WRITING DELETE TUNES THAT SHUT THE EGR DOWN

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
I don't know where you are getting your fake news. You were told wrong.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
WELL WHAT DO YOU KNOW ppei isn't tuning tight now gde isn't but the king is so what does that mean

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
It means SFT is outstanding! They just, for free, updated my ECM & TCM tunes yesterday.
What's your point?

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year

Breezydogg1

Jul 2, 2019
Truck Year
So, is there anyone that can vouch for the hd diesel tune, i see there is one thats being touted as emission compliant (new) item.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
if it is emission comp. they are screwing you they are not shutting the egr down

tkabrick

Feb 5, 2018
Truck Year
Hmm looking at the new HD Diesel Supply tuning option with emissions intact sure looks a lot like GDE