• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Egr parts available

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Just got a call from my dealership, new parts available and ordered by vin. So I expect everyone will receive calls soon. Too bad I don’t need one anymore 😂

boosti

Feb 17, 2020
Truck Year
Is this for the new EGR, I had one put in February but it’s still having the coolant odor.

boosti

Feb 17, 2020
Truck Year
Yes it’s new
Hopefully this is the approved EGR part for the recall. I know the rumors circulating back in February was a new EGR cooler was coming out in April. Now I hope they can finally fix my 2015 Ecodiesel Big Horn.

vinniegracci

Feb 13, 2020
Truck Year
Since these parts are from Italy My dealer just told me 2 days ago. "We''ll call you in a few months" I'll continue to follow this thread to see what develops.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Call safford dodge in fredericksburg va and written brothers in Richmond va, they both can order parts and estimated a week for new egr.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
called my dealer in pa.they told me their r no parts available in system

vinniegracci

Feb 13, 2020
Truck Year
Just got done talking to my Dealer. The only years parts are available for now are 14-15. He said once those orders are filled they can only order for 1 truck once a week and those weird ass rules are subject to change from day to day as far as he can tell. He said he put an order in for 12 units then FCA called him back and said he was only getting 5 to start. Then one a week there after.

Hoss549

Oct 13, 2019
Truck Year
My truck is in the shop getting both recalls done (EGR & Throttle Lag Software Update). They were only allowed to get parts for one vehicle. They said they could order again on April 17. Parts must be very limited. I am located in Texas. I will ask about the EGR specifics once I pick it up. My truck is a 2014.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
My truck is in the shop getting both recalls done (EGR & Throttle Lag Software Update). They were only allowed to get parts for one vehicle. They said they could order again on April 17. Parts must be very limited. I am located in Texas. I will ask about the EGR specifics once I pick it up. My truck is a 2014.

Looking forward to hearing about what you learn!

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Makes ya wonder, are they selective in how many they do Incase they blow again 🤣

Will_CathVT

Jul 9, 2019
Truck Year
Darn, just got EGR #3 installed this week. Not the recall part either...the dealer is going to love my next call.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Darn, just got EGR #3 installed this week. Not the recall part either...the dealer is going to love my next call.
Fuck em!!!! Shoulda got it right from the start. I looked up my 01 ram recalls and it was 2 total. I’ve got 3 open on my truck now not including the ones that have already been done!!!

vinniegracci

Feb 13, 2020
Truck Year
What gets me is there's 2 websites - dalessuperstore.com & bulletproofdiesel.com that sell "upgraded, heavy duty coolers" for our trucks. Why doesn't FCA contract out to them to make what they know is a much better product? I guess i'm just making too much sense. I may try to get one of these coolers and see if FCA will back the install without screwing up the 100k miles of warranty I have left.

Last edited:

boosti

Feb 17, 2020
Truck Year
The dealer had my Ecodiesel for two months and kept saying the part is coming from another dealer. I really can’t trust dealers as they’re more geared to sell you an unnecessary service instead of trying to fulfill the recall or warranty work.
The dealer still said this was the new EGR part but I still have the strong odor of coolant.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Got a recall notice for the EGR kinda blaming me for not having it done yet on Monday this week. Called my dealer and they apologized profusely for dropping the ball by not calling me earlier. Parts on the way will be in the shop next week. Will decline the AEM fix. Presently my 2014 is not loosing coolant, is not running hot, with great OA on every oil change.

KnikAK

Mar 21, 2019
Truck Year
I originally opened a case with Ram on this recall for my '18. Also filed complaint at NHTSA #11319724. Few days later a lady called with my case number, again said no parts. I mentioned others were getting their trucks repaired, so parts were in fact available. She came back on line and asked me to make appointment with the local dealer & my truck would be fixed. In the mean time the dealer offered to top off my coolant when needed. The dealer ordered the part, informed me one truck owner was ahead of me, but won't be long. A week or so later the gal from Ram emailed me, said parts were not available for my '18, it's going to be this month some time. I asked her if I' m being pushed to the back of the line since I didn't purchase my truck at this dealer. She seemed offended and repeated the no parts thing. I already know from experience the dealers here in AK have issues with customers purchasing vehicles from the Ram dealer in Kellogg Idaho. I always got pushed back with my last 2 Cummins pickups, thankfully was/is trouble free. The dealer said older trucks are to be repaired first. I explained I'm going through coolant like crazy, my truck stinks like coolant dripping on hot engine part, which I see zero visible drips/leaks. Told both Ram & dealer that I had a family emergency in Cali and needed to drive {from Alaska} that I postponed because I was afraid of melting down out in the middle of bums truck Canada.
Has anyone else heard the same thing, older trucks first? Sorry bout being long winded.

vinniegracci

Feb 13, 2020
Truck Year
Got the call today for an appointment. My dealer must be done with the 14/15's. Taking it in the morning. Sounds like they will have it done by end of day. Fingers crossed. It was starting to use more and more coolant so I parked it 3 weeks ago.

vinniegracci

Feb 13, 2020
Truck Year
I originally opened a case with Ram on this recall for my '18. Also filed complaint at NHTSA #11319724. Few days later a lady called with my case number, again said no parts. I mentioned others were getting their trucks repaired, so parts were in fact available. She came back on line and asked me to make appointment with the local dealer & my truck would be fixed. In the mean time the dealer offered to top off my coolant when needed. The dealer ordered the part, informed me one truck owner was ahead of me, but won't be long. A week or so later the gal from Ram emailed me, said parts were not available for my '18, it's going to be this month some time. I asked her if I' m being pushed to the back of the line since I didn't purchase my truck at this dealer. She seemed offended and repeated the no parts thing. I already know from experience the dealers here in AK have issues with customers purchasing vehicles from the Ram dealer in Kellogg Idaho. I always got pushed back with my last 2 Cummins pickups, thankfully was/is trouble free. The dealer said older trucks are to be repaired first. I explained I'm going through coolant like crazy, my truck stinks like coolant dripping on hot engine part, which I see zero visible drips/leaks. Told both Ram & dealer that I had a family emergency in Cali and needed to drive {from Alaska} that I postponed because I was afraid of melting down out in the middle of bums truck Canada.
Has anyone else heard the same thing, older trucks first? Sorry bout being long winded.

That was the Story I got for mine last month when I "put it in line" at my dealer. They said 2014&15's would get done first. then onto the 16's like mine. They had 5 in front of mine when they told me that on the 10 of april and here it is 4 weeks later and I got the call to bring it in so maybe there is something to their story. They also said at the time that they could only order parts for one truck at a time because of low availability of the parts.