• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EGR recall

Tree Man

Apr 1, 2019
Truck Year
Just received a recall for my 2015 1500 eco diesel. Talked to my dealer and they said they do not have the parts for the recall (?).
Has any else had had the same response for your dealers? I have been loosing coolant but not in big quantities, also can smell coolant from engine compartment. Please let me know if you have any information about this.
Thanks

Steve G

Feb 20, 2018
Truck Year
Yeah, got my notice recall a few weeks ago for my 2017 Laramie. Went by the dealer to get some coolant just in case. Noticed my coolant level is at the bottom line at cold fill. Haven't added anything yet, looks very minimal at just under 12k. They said call them back in a few weeks to see about a replacement part.

Tomphot

Nov 25, 2019
Truck Year
Here's the big question, do you want to keep your truck with all of these issues? If not, bring it into the dealer as you have an EGR Leak. There are not parts available and you will most likely have the truck sitting at the dealer for more than 30 days. You can then start the buyback process.

Steve G

Feb 20, 2018
Truck Year
That is a way to look at it, but damn it, We have plans to take our trailer to the coast in a couple weeks with friends. I like the truck, and looking at all the options, and how much of a fight would it be to get in line for a buyback. Hate the thought of my truck sitting at the dealer.

Steve G

Feb 20, 2018
Truck Year
I'll be leaving you all at the Eco diesel forum! Just traded mine in for a 2020 Laramie hemi. They gave me 31000 and I got a 2020 Laramie for 38000, wrote a check for the remainder and walked out with a new truck. Now it's there problem. Went to their dealer site and they already have it up for sale for 36500. Oh well, I'm happy. Here's to dealing with Hoblit motors, one of the biggest in northern California, pretty hard to beat them anywhere else. They even transferred my extended warranty to the new truck and started my time on that fresh for 7yrs.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I'll be leaving you all at the Eco diesel forum! Just traded mine in for a 2020 Laramie hemi. They gave me 31000 and I got a 2020 Laramie for 38000, wrote a check for the remainder and walked out with a new truck. Now it's there problem. Went to their dealer site and they already have it up for sale for 36500. Oh well, I'm happy. Here's to dealing with Hoblit motors, one of the biggest in northern California, pretty hard to beat them anywhere else. They even transferred my extended warranty to the new truck and started my time on that fresh for 7yrs.
Congrats on the new truck.. don't be stranger though, we have a new forum to discuss the Hemi engine... feel free to get us started!

You can find that one here: https://www.ecodieselram.com/forum/forums/hemi-talk.37/

Steve G

Feb 20, 2018
Truck Year
We'll do! Hooking up our trailer this coming weekend to it! The gas gauge does move a lot faster on the hemi!

Mark Lee

Feb 23, 2020
Truck Year
Here's the big question, do you want to keep your truck with all of these issues? If not, bring it into the dealer as you have an EGR Leak. There are not parts available and you will most likely have the truck sitting at the dealer for more than 30 days. You can then start the buyback process.
Mine sat at dealership waiting on EGR parts for 2 months. They put another "same" type in until the FIX is available in April. 2 weeks later it smells very bad of coolant. I went thru the buyback process, FCA declined, they said N.C. laws did not allow buyback. I went to mediation, they did nothing. They said they only deal when the vehicle is under the original warranty.

Holymoly

Oct 25, 2019
Truck Year
maybe you should contact the law firm mention on this site. the one that handles these claims if it's had the AEM update

Zkhaos

Mar 4, 2020
Truck Year
So what legal action can I take if I told them several times not to do the update on my 2015 ecod? And they did it anyways?

Holymoly

Oct 25, 2019
Truck Year
Maybe you can work something out with the dealership who made that mistake.
Ask them what they intend to do about their screw up?

ECOCrack

Mar 10, 2020
Truck Year
Just received a recall for my 2015 1500 eco diesel. Talked to my dealer and they said they do not have the parts for the recall (?).
Has any else had had the same response for your dealers? I have been loosing coolant but not in big quantities, also can smell coolant from engine compartment. Please let me know if you have any information about this.
Thanks
My 2016 just discovered collant leak on EGR cooler. Now its parked at the dealer until they can get the parts. Probably put in same designed that cracked because Chrysler has not come up with a new design.

ECOCrack

Mar 10, 2020
Truck Year
Has a date been announced for the new cooler? Mine is now sitting at the dealer with a leaking EGR.

rikyboby

Mar 17, 2020
Truck Year
Also curious to hear if anybody has heard any news on a fix date. My truck has been at the dealer now for almost 4 weeks. When I took it in the said that they had deemed the truck “undrivable”. Whole reason I took the truck in was that I heard about the recall and my truck had made 2 gallons of antifreeze disappear within a 2 month period. They gave me a loaner Jeep Wrangler 4 door free of charge but it still would be nice to have my truck back. Called they dealer back twice now for a status update and all they tell me is they are still waiting on a fix and do not have a date.

Holymoly

Oct 25, 2019
Truck Year
fca is telling me they have a new cooler available and want to schedule me a repair date.
I asked them why they would replace mine now considering its not leaking!
They say it's because I started a claim through fca customer care and not the dealer

MXZ0588

Mar 24, 2020
Truck Year
I just got off the phone with FCA and the rep claimed there is still no parts available to fix the issue so I don't know who to believe. They instructed me to contact my local dealer that could offer a loaner or a rental vehicle at their expense if I do not feel safe driving my truck. Has anyone taken them up on this offer? I would much rather have my truck sitting in my climate controlled garage than in the dealers lot for months and drive a rental on there dime.