• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Electronic throttle control

Big G

Oct 5, 2021
Truck Year
The "electronic throttle control " service light came on and now my 2018 1500 eco diesel slowed way down/ lost power...what did i do ? And how do I fix this?

biodiesel

Nov 24, 2020
Truck Year
I would take it to your dealer for a diagnoses. Many things can trigger the "electronic throttle control" light. I've only had that happen once. According to the dealer, the MAP sensor needed to be replaced. It was repaired under warranty. I now change or clean my MAP sensor once every 25,000 miles.

BigG

Oct 7, 2021
Truck Year
I would take it to your dealer for a diagnoses. Many things can trigger the "electronic throttle control" light. I've only had that happen once. According to the dealer, the MAP sensor needed to be replaced. It was repaired under warranty. I now change or clean my MAP sensor once every 25,000 miles.
Thanks,4 the advice,yes my truck is at dealership now..ill post update when I have more info

Tusker13

Oct 11, 2021
Truck Year
BigG, my truck is at the dealer with the same problem. It had been at the body shop for 6 weeks after hitting a deer back in June. I haven't driven it much or at all for the past three months. As soon as I got it on the road, all sorts of lights started going off. Let me know how you fair with your ETC problem!

Georgek

Oct 3, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I had that problem on my 18 at about 30k. Dealer did a computer update to fix it. No trouble since. Btw, i cleaned my map sensor for the first time and it was not clogged up at all. All stock, oil changes 7500 or less. Monthly trips of 180 miles at freeway speeds. Otherwise rural driving.

Augiedoggy

Aug 18, 2021
Truck Year
Isnt this the error many had before they experienced engine fires? I could have sworn I read a thread about this were 2 people had fires after this error kept popping up, one person even had the delership diagnose and replace sensors but the error kept coming back? I'm going from memory so could be wrong but thought it had something to do with soot plugging up the intake?

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Isnt this the error many had before they experienced engine fires? I could have sworn I read a thread about this were 2 people had fires after this error kept popping up, one person even had the delership diagnose and replace sensors but the error kept coming back? I'm going from memory so could be wrong but thought it had something to do with soot plugging up the intake?
This particular DTC or error message can be triggered by up to 86 different conditions. Multiple ECM updates have reduced the number of triggers so the incidence of this message has slowed since 2014. I cleared 99% of my occurrences by installing a GDE tune and checking MAP sensor and variable cam timing connections, cleaning and Dielectric Silicone Grease.

The engine fires were occurring due a failure of the EGR. If it failed internally it could introduce raw exhaust into the intake causing an intake manifold melt down or an engine fire. National recall.

Good Luck.

Kgmaine

Oct 11, 2021
Truck Year
The "electronic throttle control " service light came on and now my 2018 1500 eco diesel slowed way down/ lost power...what did i do ? And how do I fix this?
Mine came on. Took it to the dealer and had to replace the entire fuel system at the cost of $12k. They said it was bad fuel. Coincidently, there is a recall on the heavy duty diesels for the EXACT same problem.