• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Emissions CEL

Shawn Thomas

Jun 1, 2018
Truck Year
question,

I’m gonna call GDE in the morning to verify but wanted to see if anyone could answer prior to that,

I think when I got the hot tune, I have a feeling I forgot to mention I wanted the off road tuning. Without certainty of having it, I unplugged a sensor on the dpf, and turned on the truck. It threw a CEL. I am supposed to have an appointment for an exhaust swap but if i don’t have the off road tune, I’ll get CEL’s. My question is, is it driveable with the CEL’s until I can get the ECM updated with the off-road tune? Or can I leave the sensors plugged in but ziptied to the frame? (Excuse my ignorance, I’m not a mechanic by any means) and if none of this is possible, I presume I’ll have to get the ECM update prior to exhaust install

Shawn Thomas

Jun 1, 2018
Truck Year
question,

I’m gonna call GDE in the morning to verify but wanted to see if anyone could answer prior to that,

I think when I got the hot tune, I have a feeling I forgot to mention I wanted the off road tuning. Without certainty of having it, I unplugged a sensor on the dpf, and turned on the truck. It threw a CEL. I am supposed to have an appointment for an exhaust swap but if i don’t have the off road tune, I’ll get CEL’s. My question is, is it driveable with the CEL’s until I can get the ECM updated with the off-road tune? Or can I leave the sensors plugged in but ziptied to the frame? (Excuse my ignorance, I’m not a mechanic by any means) and if none of this is possible, I presume I’ll have to get the ECM update prior to exhaust install

Nevermind, Got my answers