• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Engine failure

Tracy Leonhardt

Sep 20, 2018
Truck Year
My 2014 dodge ram ecodiesel failed. driving all of a sudden engine light comes on to service eletronic throttle control sensor. Had it towed to my mechanic he relaced the fuel rail sensor still no fuel pressure replaced the fuel pump still could not get it going. Found metal shavings in the fuel pump. Took it to the dealership on Tuesday they have replaced the lift pump new battrry still wont start now they are checking the injectors. Bill is sitting at $2000.00 without checking injectors. Still trying to diagnose the problem no warranty left. Took it to the dealership in January because it automatically stopped while i was driving lost all power. Took it in when it happened and they could not find anything wrong with it. I asked them what happens now that my warranty is just about up. They told me if something happens with in a reasonable amount of time they would honor the warranty. Guess what 6 months is not considered reasonable amount of time. Now im still making payments on this truck and it wont run. Phoning Chrysler in the morning to discuss what they are willing to do about it. Im not hopeful but i will certainly file with small claims court so they have to answer for these issues.

Eneg

Nov 12, 2018
Truck Year
You should still have a drive train warranty to 100k. It's in your manual. The engine and transmission warranty doesn't stop at 36k. There WERE production issues with engines and they have to honor it. My engine seized and they found metal shavings in the crank case. They installed a new engine even though it took 74 days!