• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Error code troubleshooting

Naetimus

Sep 16, 2020
Truck Year
I'm a new 2014 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel owner and getting the following errors with my scantool on the ECU:

B2AAA – body ???? code
P1286 – Powertrain - Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor Supply Voltage Too High
P20EE – Powertrain - SCR NOx Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1
P2251 – Powertrain - O2 Sensor Negative Current Control Circuit/Open (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

The P2251 is an open O2 sensor alert. I cleaned the O2 sensor, but that didn't help. I think the others are caused by the O2 sensor problem, but I'm looking for troubleshooting help. Are they related? Am I in trouble?
Any help is much appreciated.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I'm a new 2014 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel owner and getting the following errors with my scantool on the ECU:

B2AAA – body ???? code
P1286 – Powertrain - Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor Supply Voltage Too High
P20EE – Powertrain - SCR NOx Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1
P2251 – Powertrain - O2 Sensor Negative Current Control Circuit/Open (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

The P2251 is an open O2 sensor alert. I cleaned the O2 sensor, but that didn't help. I think the others are caused by the O2 sensor problem, but I'm looking for troubleshooting help. Are they related? Am I in trouble?
Any help is much appreciated.

There are 3 bolts under the passenger side foot well in the exhaust system that rust and break, I would see if maybe those have failed and caused some issues. Also I would pull your def injector on the exhaust and see if it is plugged with that p20ee code being present.

Naetimus

Sep 16, 2020
Truck Year
Follow-up on this thread for anyone else who has a similar event.
The dealer replaced the O2 sensor (under warranty). Later that same day I got 2 different errors:
P0030 powertrain HO2S heater control circuit (bank 1 Sensor 1)
P2251 - powertrain O2 negative current control circuit/open bank 1 sensor 1
At the dealer for further troubleshooting now, with the initial diagnosis being a new PCM.

Naetimus

Sep 16, 2020
Truck Year
PCM did not fix it. Factory tech has been called. Waiting on new word...

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
you would think after seven years that fmc would know how 2 fix all the problems these trucks have

Naetimus

Sep 16, 2020
Truck Year
They claim it is fixed now. The problem they recently addressed was corroded connectors in the wiring harness. I'll drive it for a while and report back...

Naetimus

Sep 16, 2020
Truck Year
It is fixed. It was an open wire in the harness. A pin had been pushed back during reassembly at some point (probably right before I bought it), leaving a connection open perpetually. Re-seating the pin in the connection fixed the problem.

Naetimus

Sep 16, 2020
Truck Year
I agree.
Though, I'm not sure why it took the shop a week to fix it. When I cleaned the O2 sensor and that didn't fix it, my next step was going to be testing the wiring to make sure their wasn't a fault between the computer and the plug at the sensor. I took it in under warranty instead, but still ...