• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Exhaust filter

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
dealer, or someone you know with a handheld that can get it to go into regen. What was the underlying issue that caused it to fill? Was there no CEL?

Cosimoram1500

Jun 1, 2019
Truck Year
Exhaust filter is 100% full, usually at 90% I do the regeneration by driving at highway speed for about 10-15 min to clear it, but I didn’t notice it until it said 100%, and it says on the screen, exhaust filter is 100% full, service required, see dealer, and the electronic throttle control light is flashing,

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Exhaust filter is 100% full, usually at 90% I do the regeneration by driving at highway speed for about 10-15 min to clear it, but I didn’t notice it until it said 100%, and it says on the screen, exhaust filter is 100% full, service required, see dealer, and the electronic throttle control light is flashing,

Do you not have a lot of highway driving so it doesn't ever come up at all? Usually a quick 10-20 min 55MPH + drive will take care of the regen process once a week.

2015Ram1500

Apr 27, 2019
Truck Year
I drive 90% hwy but eventually you have to go through town. So just getting through because there is no hwy bypass or loop should not be a problem, I hope?? Then back out for 70-75 mph for hours. Will I ever see this EXHAST FILTER LIGHT??

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
The ETC error caused it to not regen. When you take it to the dealer ask them to clean your MAP sensor and EGR diffuser tube, since it is on their nickel. They will likely try to blame the ETC error on something you did like not change the oil, bad fuel, fuel filter, etc. Tell them to stick it. Once the MAP sensor and EGR diffuser tube are clear the ETC error will clear.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I drive 90% hwy but eventually you have to go through town. So just getting through because there is no hwy bypass or loop should not be a problem, I hope?? Then back out for 70-75 mph for hours. Will I ever see this EXHAST FILTER LIGHT??

As long as you catch some highway time you should be fine!

Billy Lee

Jun 5, 2019
Truck Year
I bought a 2015 ram eco-diesel about four months ago. I have had nothing but problems with it. I had to replace the EGR cooler even though my truck only has 65,000 miles on it. That cost $2500. The throttle would not work for beans until I got that fixed. Now the dash notification tells me that my exhaust filter is 100% full and again my throttle doesn’t work. I don’t understand why the exhaust filter would be full because I’ve driven plenty of highway miles at 65 mph at least on a weekly basis. The Dodge dealer couldn’t see me for a week but told me to drive for an hour at 65 or 70 mph. I did that but it did not reset the exhaust filter. I am very frustrated and wishing I had never bought this truck.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
You have to go back to the dealer to get the DPF filter regenerated. Ask them if the records show the AEM V08 recall has been done. If not, have them perform it. That is the recall to reflash your ECM as part of the big settlement with the EPA. I read between the lines on the throttle error and think you are getting the Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) error. As part of the regen service at the dealership ask them to clean your EGR diffuser tube and your MAP sensor. They are likely completely fouled and there is nothing to tell the mechanic to clean them.

None of this should cost you a dime as it is part of the extended warranty given as part of the EPA settlement. Once the V08 recall is done you get extended coverage on all these emissions parts. As for the $2500 EGR cooler repair bill, call 866-726-4636 (FCA customer care) and ask them to refund you that cost. They may very well do it.

The MAP sensor causes a lot of the ETC errors. Your truck will not regenerate the DPF when you have an active ETC error. That is why the hour long drive did not help. After you get all this done I recommend you get with Sofakingtuned or Green Diesel Engineering and put a tune on the truck to make it run properly in the future.

rickgra

Jul 11, 2019
Truck Year
You have to go back to the dealer to get the DPF filter regenerated. Ask them if the records show the AEM V08 recall has been done. If not, have them perform it. That is the recall to reflash your ECM as part of the big settlement with the EPA. I read between the lines on the throttle error and think you are getting the Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) error. As part of the regen service at the dealership ask them to clean your EGR diffuser tube and your MAP sensor. They are likely completely fouled and there is nothing to tell the mechanic to clean them.

None of this should cost you a dime as it is part of the extended warranty given as part of the EPA settlement. Once the V08 recall is done you get extended coverage on all these emissions parts. As for the $2500 EGR cooler repair bill, call 866-726-4636 (FCA customer care) and ask them to refund you that cost. They may very well do it.

The MAP sensor causes a lot of the ETC errors. Your truck will not regenerate the DPF when you have an active ETC error. That is why the hour long drive did not help. After you get all this done I recommend you get with Sofakingtuned or Green Diesel Engineering and put a tune on the truck to make it run properly in the future.

Probably not supposed to "reply" to this comment but you seem to know these engines very well. My 2015 Jeep has been in the shop 3 times now for "Exhaust filter 100% full". I drive a lot of highway miles, first time it came up was over 50,000 miles ago and they said a sensor was bad and it wasn't allowing the regeneration to happen. Now have 115,000 miles and I have done the update. Had no problems till last week when I got that hated message, took to dealer and they forced regeneration. After driving 6 hours the day after I picked it up and had no problems. The next morning when I turned it on, almost immediately said "filter 100% full. Dealer doesn't seem to be able to figure out the problem. Any thoughts? Thank you!

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Probably not supposed to "reply" to this comment but you seem to know these engines very well. My 2015 Jeep has been in the shop 3 times now for "Exhaust filter 100% full". I drive a lot of highway miles, first time it came up was over 50,000 miles ago and they said a sensor was bad and it wasn't allowing the regeneration to happen. Now have 115,000 miles and I have done the update. Had no problems till last week when I got that hated message, took to dealer and they forced regeneration. After driving 6 hours the day after I picked it up and had no problems. The next morning when I turned it on, almost immediately said "filter 100% full. Dealer doesn't seem to be able to figure out the problem. Any thoughts? Thank you!
Good to see a Jeeper on the forum. My wife drives a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland eco, 123,000mi. She had seen the active regen message three times last year, after extended city driving, I got a code for bad sensor on DPF last winter and changed. First of May got the 100% DPF Full error. Dealer did stationary regen, intake clean, and injector clean, external flush. Three days later same deal, back to dealer. Dealer installed the V08 recall and another stationary regen and replaced two injectors. The Tech's working theory is injectors leaking, allowing too much fuel, clogging the DPF. Seems to be valid as we have had no problems since the middle of May. Our dealers Tech seem's to be very knowledgeable and knows his way around the eco, as his diagnostic notes are thorough and instead of replacing turbo because of low turbo boost code he checks actual performance and sensors first. When injector coded Insufficient Span Width he monitored each injector on scanner wave form, replaced the two bad inj. instead of replacing six. A good Tech is key, as a mechanic myself I know that system knowledge is best predictor of success in diagnostic and repair.