• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Exhaust Fumes

ICF Guy

Aug 8, 2018
Truck Year
I recently had a tune done with def & dpf delete on my 2014 Ecodiesel (2018 motor - the first one spun a rod bearing at 125k km). I find there is now a strong exhaust smell, which really stinks up my garage in the few second it takes to start it up and back out. Is that normal with a delete?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Yes.......and no...If your tune is over fueling at idle it will smell. A few seconds No...If the injectors are leaking that will also increase the fuel smell.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
mine has a fuel smell it goes away as the truck gets warm

John

Nov 13, 2015
Yes it's normal to smell the exhaust moreso without a diesel particulate filter.

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
Putting it back on would totally defeat the purpose of tuning. I used to love the smell of some diesels BUT after working on Locomotives for 10 years not so much anymore, they could fill a large shop with thick smoke in just a couple of minutes.