• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Exhaust rattle? Or bigger problem?

Tyggr56

Mar 7, 2019
Truck Year
I have a rattle that the dealership took care of, now 3 weeks later it is happening again.
Rattle Only happens from 140 to 160 degrees when the truck is warming up. Once it hits operating temp it just stops, not fades.. just stops as if a switch turned it off. Dealership mentioned a loose Emission valve.
When I drive and there is pressure on the exhaust or the truck is working it goes away.
I can rev the engine in neutral and it continues to make the noise. Shifting from Park to Reverse then Drive makes it go away then come back when I hit drive. after i have driven it isn't there, but when the truck sits for 1-5 minutes the rattle becomes loud. (My mom pointed it out, that's how loud.)
I have not had ANY reason to believe the transmission is affected, drives like a new truck. 57K miles.

Including links so you can see first hand.
Underneath Truck
Changing gears during rattle

I'd like a second opinion. I can make more videos.
To me it sounds like my cat is rattling or exhaust is loose.

Thank you for any input, I am putting my financial neck into this truck and this is really scaring me.

Last edited: