• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Exhaust regeneration 100%.

luckybuck

Nov 5, 2020
Truck Year
This week the exhaust regen came on and I did the drive the road speeds and it came down to zero and the light went out. The next two days
it came back on and went to 100% and says to see the dealer. Does anyone know for real what to expect to happen next. Or is there a way to
solve this problem without high priced dealer participation?

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
If you have a computer or android device you can check into alfaobd and force a regen with it along with a wireless obd adapter. Tcdiesel will know more about this matter

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
ALFAOBD, 49 BUCKS for Windows or Android & tablets, I'm running it on a KINDLE, also need a wireless dongle, I think I bought an MX+, & I think it was about 80 bucks. Android version of ALFAOBD is available from AMAZON as is the dongle. If you need the Windows version of ALFAOBD I think you'll have to go to their website.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Alfaobd is only windows/ android. Their software is as close to dealers as you can get for under 150$ when you factor in the software ($50) and wireless obd connector $30-100)

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
I forgot to mention the lack of I-PHONE SUPPORT, if you don't have a windows machine you can get a tablet for 50 or 60 bucks. I'm running it on an old kindle, I wasn't completely sure it would run on a Kindle, so I downloaded the trial/demo to try & then bought the full Android version for it.

luckybuck

Nov 5, 2020
Truck Year
If you have a computer or android device you can check into alfaobd and force a regen with it along with a wireless obd adapter. Tcdiesel will know more about this matter
Thank you. I have the mx+ on the way and I have downloaded the alfaabd and will have it for future use.

luckybuck

Nov 5, 2020
Truck Year
Thanks fellas for all your help. I am using the LG phone for the App and have an MX+ being delivered tomorrow. Will let you know how it went.

luckybuck

Nov 5, 2020
Truck Year
Ok, Here's the problem. The app I downloaded (alfaobd) doesn't have the 2015 ecodiesel on the selection choice nor does it say anything
about the Ram ecodiesel . The only Ecodiesel it has is a 2013 bosch ecodiesel. Where did I go wrong? I hate being so dumb concerning these
things. Someone also told me the drivetrane was under warranty for 5 years or 100,000 miles. If so, I plan to take it to the dealer.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
There should be a drop down menu to select engine. Believe it reads 2013-18 Bosch or something along those lines. My tablet is dead. Pm me If you want I will shoot you my number and can try to walk you through it

luckybuck

Nov 5, 2020
Truck Year
There should be a drop down menu to select engine. Believe it reads 2013-18 Bosch or something along those lines. My tablet is dead. Pm me If you want I will shoot you my number and can try to walk you through it
I was able to select engine. But when I went to select the model, I could only find the 2013 bosch ecodiesel. Not sure how to PM yet. I will continue to look.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Luckybuck click on the member ID, a Box opens with a link to start conversation, click on that link ,it will open new window for conversation.
make sure you put something in the title box or it won't send until you do.

Conversation window.JPG

luckybuck

Nov 5, 2020
Truck Year
Ok. This is the latest on the Filter regen. After doing some more digging around, I found that the vehicle actually had several recalls on it
that had never been updated. I called the dealer and made the appointment to take it in this morning at 8am. After they were finished doing
all the recalls, they replaced the filters and put me on my way home at no charge. They told me there was an extended warranty to 10 years
or 150K on the exhaust system and the fuel systems. Right now I'm a happy camper. I also was told to run the vehicle on trips more often to
keep the cobbs blown out. I want to thank you all for your help. Have a great Holiday Season and drive safe.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Right on! Glad they took care of you. My opinion I would file for your hunk of the settlement and tune and you shouldn’t need warranty for a while. I shot you a text hope it found ya bud.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I know of the 10 year 120K miles, 150k miles? Hmmmmmm .OK theirs 4 year 48K miles for those over the 120K miles.

Steelrain6

Nov 28, 2020
Truck Year
Did you get the issue sorted out. I noticed on my alfaobd app it is giving me the same 2013 option. So I too have been wondering if it is the right one to use. The app did however do a forced regen using the 2013 option

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Steel, if you look in front of the 2013 or behind the 2013 in alfaobd I can’t recall what one, you will see a “>” symbol indicating it’s for 2013 up.