• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

/Exhaust?

RickD

Jan 3, 2018
Truck Year
What have you done to your exhaust? Have you made it louder? Was it expensive? Most importantly, will it still pass a smog inspection?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
What have you done to your exhaust? Have you made it louder? Was it expensive? Most importantly, will it still pass a smog inspection?

Hey Rick.. you won't see much of any sound changes unless you remove the DPF.. that probably doesn't fall into your criteria of "passing smog check". :)

RickD

Jan 3, 2018
Truck Year
That's what I figured. I think it's kinda lame to make a truck with exhaust tails to the bumper that you cannot even hear run. Oh well. I'm still keeping it :)

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
Depends on how close they look. It’s possible to hollow out the dpf and scr then run tuning that shows obd2 readiness moniters as good. Then the truck well sound good with a filter back exhaust.