• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

FCA, Customers Begin Negotiating A Settlement For Alleged Excess Diesel Emissions

Zachary

Oct 22, 2017
Truck Year
Has anyone joined the class action suit with a law firm? I was contacted by a firm asking me to join but I'm unaware of the benefits and consequences. Any advice?

Last edited:

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Interesting, Who actually purchased their eco diesel because of it was "environmentally friendly"?
I really just wanted a 1/2 ton diesel that got good fuel economy and am looking very closely at a GDE tune very soon.

Zachary

Oct 22, 2017
Truck Year
Interesting, Who actually purchased their eco diesel because of it was "environmentally friendly"?
I really just wanted a 1/2 ton diesel that got good fuel economy and am looking very closely at a GDE tune very soon.
I think the point is the premium we (some) paid for the diesel option. To be clear I love my truck and have no complaints or desire to get rid of it. My only issue is the extra few thousand I spent for an option that is being meddled with and now in a lawsuit. So the question remains: what is the benefit of joining the class action?

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I would imagine the "benefit" of joining the CAL is to the law firm. If there were some sort of fix or compensation all customers would be party to it.

Hundo

Aug 5, 2017
Truck Year
Well there has to be some consideration if they’re going to de-tune (less fuel mpg) the engine. Like one was saying, we paid $5k more, more for maintenance, oil changes, def. so if we lose 2-3 mpg and get the same as a 2.7 Ford, that doesn’t work for me.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
For us customers, here is the most important part of that article..

And unlike in the VW settlement, the terms under discussion between FCA and the U.S. don’t include a requirement to buy back any vehicles.

The diesel issue could cost Fiat Chrysler between $460 million and more than $1 billion, according to estimates made last year by Barclays Plc, Mediobanca SpA and Evercore ISI.

If you're on the team of wanting a buy back, sounds like that might not be in the cards..

Hundo

Aug 5, 2017
Truck Year
There has to be some compensation then to make you “Whole”

The vehicle has to operate as offered in the MSRP , that’s why there’s an offer on the table for people who sued, right? I’m not looking for a way to get rid of the truck, runs well, 27-28 mpg on the hwy. I get about 17mpg pulling 6k. We paid more for this package, oil changes and maintenance compared to a gas unit. FCA or the EPA isn’t going to come come out and say owners. Also you lose value if you use mpg and towing capacity. There has to be some restitution

If you're on the team of wanting a buy back, sounds like that might not be in the cards..

Hundo

Aug 5, 2017
Truck Year
Hyundai reimbursed for mileage difference.

Right now we’re looking at a trailer that would be about 8200 fully loaded. My truck with the 3:92 says it will tow 9000. If this changes that will be another issue. This waiting game will probably be another 6 months

https://hyundaifuelconsumption.ca/r...fuel-consumption-reimbursement-program-facts/

I wouldn't be surprised if we get "something"..
I wouldn't be surprised if we get "something"..

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I am not sure if the ED's are flying off the lots right now. My local dealer has 3 2017 Bighorns on the lot. Sticker price $51,000 before any kind of incentives or anything.