• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

feels like something catastrophic is about to go down in my engine

19_Delta

Sep 10, 2020
Truck Year
I have a 2016 ecodiesel outdoorsman w/ air ride. Bought it new and I'm at about 47k miles. Loved it and was a proud ram owner before the fix. Since the fix I have been less than thrilled. My fuel economy has dropped noticeably. Loss of power on hills/delayed downshifting. I've lost count how many times the check engine light has come on. These are all things I can deal with. But the newest problem has me concerned. Within the last couple months the truck has developed a engine rattle when I push on the accelerator. It started off small but has become pretty violent. It is sporadic, most of the time the truck drives fine, and when it does shake i can't figure out what triggered it to shake. It seems to have happen regardless of speed or gear, regardless of the engine being warm or cold, and usually last for a few minutes before returning to normal. Dealership just replaced EGR cooler thinking that might fix the problem, but the problem is just as bad if not worse. Is anyone else having this problem?

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I wonder if they replaced your intake also. Could be a number of things but if it comes and goes it could be something in the driveline. Does it fluctuate with rpm or only under acceleration? I’d be suspect of soot on turbo vanes throwing it off.

19_Delta

Sep 10, 2020
Truck Year
Thanks for the reply. According to my invoice they replaced the egr cooler and replaced my o2 sensor (again). I far as I can tell the shaking happens under acceleration. I try to nurse it when it acts up; coast as much as possible because it does seem to get worse the more I punch the accelerator. But next time it happens I will definitely focus on the rpms. Assuming it is soot on the turbo vanes, what does fixing that entail? Again, thanks for your help!

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Caked intake or Swirl valves. If its Intake valves New Engine, or at least New heads and Plenum, if Swirl valves New Plenum.