• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

First Post and glow plug question

rpols7

Nov 30, 2019
Truck Year
I have been lurking around for a while But I have a P06BB ( cylinder #3 glow plug ). I wanted to try to loosen it up but did not get a socket to fit right. I know there are many write ups but It doesn't state what size socket? Never been messed with I bought it new. Its a 2016 with 55,000. Thanks

rpols7

Nov 30, 2019
Truck Year
Great Thank you. Ill give it a try. Trying to avoid going to the dealer.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year

5/16 deep well

rpols7

Nov 30, 2019
Truck Year
That's what I tried? Didn't seem to fit and I don't want to mess it up as I think its a one shot deal

rpols7

Nov 30, 2019
Truck Year
Maybe ill try it again tomorrow and try to tap it down. Wanted to make sure I had the right size. I did spray it down real good so maybe that will have so time to work in.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Good luck! I think mine was 8mm but I don’t recall. Slow and steady. DONT FORCE ANYTHING

John

Nov 13, 2015
Here's a photo of what you'll dealing with. Those exposed recessed threads can be a nightmare. I suggest periodically spraying with penetrating oil for a couple days before attempting removal. If you break it you might be dealing with removing the head and a machine shop. :(

Glow Plug.JPG