• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Flashing Brake Lite

Mr Reed

Aug 27, 2016
Truck Year
Good morning all,

This isn't a big issue, or something to rush to the dealer for, but I do have an issue that is driving me up the wall.
It seems every time I set the parking brake on a cold day, after I release it, and put the truck in drive, the brake warning light starts flashing, and I get a message on the display stating parking brake is engaged. If its mildly cold outside, say mid 30 to mid 50's, then a couple of handle pops usually clears it. Yesterday, it never got above freezing and I couldn't get the light or message to go out. This doesn't happen on warmer days or when I don't set the brake.
I figure something is sticking somewhere. Ideals?

Bonnie Lee

Dec 12, 2019
Truck Year
Good morning all,

This isn't a big issue, or something to rush to the dealer for, but I do have an issue that is driving me up the wall.
It seems every time I set the parking brake on a cold day, after I release it, and put the truck in drive, the brake warning light starts flashing, and I get a message on the display stating parking brake is engaged. If its mildly cold outside, say mid 30 to mid 50's, then a couple of handle pops usually clears it. Yesterday, it never got above freezing and I couldn't get the light or message to go out. This doesn't happen on warmer days or when I don't set the brake.
I figure something is sticking somewhere. Ideals?
Same issue on our 2016 Ram this morning temp is 18 degrees. Did you get any ideas on how to correct?

Mr Reed

Aug 27, 2016
Truck Year
No, I never found a solution. I just dont set the parking brake on cold nights.