• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Force regen not getting hot enough

bml139

Jan 1, 2023
Truck Year
Hello all, first post but I have gotten a lot of helpfull info throughout the years. My Wife got the 100 percent filter message and code P0106 a month ago. I cleaned the EGR, MAP sensor and purchase the alfaobd software. After a force a regen I was able to clear the P0106 and P2463 codes successfully. I noted the DPF temp was around 600 degrees Celsius during the regen and later confirmed with the data log from that regen. A month later she mentions limp mode and the 100% filter message back. I fire up alfa and find that this time we also have code P0471 along with the P0106 and P2463. I've ran two forced regens and note that the DPF temp does not go above 200 degrees Celsius. I assume it is not getting hot enough to clean the DPF as the message. Never goes away.

We have had the eco for 6 years and have not had any issues. I've googled and searched most of the day and no luck. There isn't much on P0471 exhaust back pressure sensor. The P0106 manifold absolute pressure sensor. Google and other threads suggest cleaning the EGR tube and MAP sensor. I did this again and there wasn't much soot as the first time.

My thoughts below...
Other then the DPF not getting up to a high enough temp, is it possible the MAP sensor is bad? ( I ordered one and it's on its way) I read that the P0471 code can be thrown when the computer compares gas pressure to the atmosphere pressure. I believe atmospheric pressure value comes from the MAP sensor. In the third picture alfa graphs the two options available that relate to pressure the could relate. I am not sure the the AD/C pressure graph is but it's always neg 5236. The top atmospheric pressure when I convert to Mercury is inline to the value it should be for my location and sea level. Is there a way to test the MAP sensor? If one of the above sensors are bad could it cause the DPF to not get up to the correct temp in a regen?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230101_192346_AlfaOBD.jpg
    Screenshot_20230101_192346_AlfaOBD.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20230101_120720_AlfaOBD.jpg
    Screenshot_20230101_120720_AlfaOBD.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20230101_120832_AlfaOBD.jpg
    Screenshot_20230101_120832_AlfaOBD.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 6

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
Have you tried driving it until it starts a regen? You mentioned that you saw and verified 600* CELSIUS during the stationary regen, that equates to 1,112* FARENHEIT which is about where mine runs during regen, 1,052 to about 1,210 on average but settling around 1,112. Maybe the DPF is failing?
I'm thinking maybe it didn't reset on the forced regen for some reason, I say this because I went through an issue where I was forced to stop the truck in the middle of a regen, it should have been close to being complete but the my gauge still showed it full(my gauge shows 100%) before it starts a regen, I ran a forced stationary regen and everything looked normal through that regen, but it still showed the DPF was full, I decided to drive it to see what happens, after a little while it initiated a regen and has been fine since. I don;t like to interrupt a regen but this time it couldn't be helped. If you don't have the means to monitor regens, EGT's and a few other parameters I would suggest investing in an EDGE INSIGHT monitor, you'll have to do some setup, and the specs will tell you it's not compatible with the ECO, but 3 years on mine says they're wrong. You have 2 options for EDGE the CTS2 and CTS 3, the 3 gives more monitoring options, but the 2 allows you to initiate a forced regen the next time the conditions are met.

Last edited:

bml139

Jan 1, 2023
Truck Year
We did drive it, and I used the alfa to set a regen at next drive. I monitored the Temps with alfa app and again only up to around 200 degrees Celsius. I did some investigating with my friends pro demand account. The exhaust pressure code pretty much said if you have other codes that involve pressure to chase them first. So I looked more into the P0106 code. It stated if you take the supply 5v at the boost pressure sensor (MAP) n send it back to the ECM at the plug. (Jumper K668 and K37 of the screenshot with sensor unplugged and ign on). If code P0108 is thrown then replace the boost sensor. I have one on order anyways. I plan on doing this test and pulling the exhaust pressure sensor and line and make sure it's not clogged today. Screenshot_20230102_113959_Gallery.jpg

Jbprints

Nov 3, 2022
Truck Year
Hello all, first post but I have gotten a lot of helpfull info throughout the years. My Wife got the 100 percent filter message and code P0106 a month ago. I cleaned the EGR, MAP sensor and purchase the alfaobd software. After a force a regen I was able to clear the P0106 and P2463 codes successfully. I noted the DPF temp was around 600 degrees Celsius during the regen and later confirmed with the data log from that regen. A month later she mentions limp mode and the 100% filter message back. I fire up alfa and find that this time we also have code P0471 along with the P0106 and P2463. I've ran two forced regens and note that the DPF temp does not go above 200 degrees Celsius. I assume it is not getting hot enough to clean the DPF as the message. Never goes away.

We have had the eco for 6 years and have not had any issues. I've googled and searched most of the day and no luck. There isn't much on P0471 exhaust back pressure sensor. The P0106 manifold absolute pressure sensor. Google and other threads suggest cleaning the EGR tube and MAP sensor. I did this again and there wasn't much soot as the first time.

My thoughts below...
Other then the DPF not getting up to a high enough temp, is it possible the MAP sensor is bad? ( I ordered one and it's on its way) I read that the P0471 code can be thrown when the computer compares gas pressure to the atmosphere pressure. I believe atmospheric pressure value comes from the MAP sensor. In the third picture alfa graphs the two options available that relate to pressure the could relate. I am not sure the the AD/C pressure graph is but it's always neg 5236. The top atmospheric pressure when I convert to Mercury is inline to the value it should be for my location and sea level. Is there a way to test the MAP sensor? If one of the above sensors are bad could it cause the DPF to not get up to the correct temp in a regen?
Did you have the emissions recal done on your rig? If so this should be covered by the extended warranty offered with this recal.

Jbprints

Nov 3, 2022
Truck Year
Did you have the emissions recal done on your rig? If so this should be covered by the extended warranty offered with this recall.

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
I was getting worried on mine, no codes just the 100% message on my insight, Ithink it took a couple of weeks until we headed out of town for a trip to Phoenix, it finally dropped into a regen and has been fine since.

bml139

Jan 1, 2023
Truck Year
Did you have the emissions recal done on your rig? If so this should be covered by the extended warranty offered with this recall.
Yes we did. I try to stay away from them as I've read it's not always cut n dry on what they cover. We only ever have issues with the emissions it seems and always have to end up paying something. Example last time the injector overheated n melted. They cover the injector n labor but we had to pay for the wire harness/ repair. I pulled the line from the exhaust to the exhaust pressure sensor, bit of a task but line wasn't plugged. If the map sensor does not fix it then it's going to the dealer.

bml139

Jan 1, 2023
Truck Year
Update, new MAP sensor didn't fix still getting same codes above. Force regen yields .ax temp around 200 degrees so not getting hot enought. Soot percent is 149% now. Will most likely go to dealer next.

bml139

Jan 1, 2023
Truck Year
So as a last-ditch effort per pro demand I shook wiring harness and unplugged the ECU and reconnected. I was able to get the P10106 and P0471 cleared and have them stay cleared as I shut the vehicle off, opened door and re scanned. In the past the codes would come right back on even without the vehicle starting. I then started the vehicle and forced a regen. This time the DPF temp got up to and above 600 degrees Celsius. The 100% filter mass then counted down 80%..70..60 etc and idles down after 40 or so min's. The P2463 code remained but I was able to clear that and now no DTC code / vehicle messages.