• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel filter replacement

19ECOWI

Aug 9, 2022
Truck Year
Hi all, having oil changed tomorrow. I have 14,000mi on the vehicle and the original fuel filter which has not not been replaced since May of 2020. Should I have it replaced or wait until 20,000 miles?

Dec 14, 2015
Truck Year
I also replace the fuel filter at every oil change. The fuel oil in the U.S.A. is not as pure as the fuel in Europe. Asphaltines plugging the injectors was a problem owners had before our dealers advised us to change the filter more often than the manual said to.

Stan517

Jul 27, 2019
Truck Year
I agree and believe it's a good idea to change the fuel filter. Be sure to use an original equipment filter that is flat surfaced not a ribbed filter. I have seen the expensive ribbed filters fail to the high pressure fuel pump. Mine did not fail but it was close to it with the paper bulging in two places.

jcrheingans

May 26, 2022
Truck Year
I change my oil every 4-5k miles and replace fuel filter every other oil change. But like others have said save yourself some money and by several at a time online