• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Gde emission tune

DATA

Jul 8, 2021
Truck Year
I was wondering if anyone has any information about the GDE mission tune versus the HD tune in Canada that shuts off your egr. I bought a 2016 with a brand new factory engine and I was wondering if a person would be OK with the GDE tune while it is on warranty to help with the longevity of the engine? Or is it better to just buy the HD tune and shut the egr valve off and take my chances. Thank You

Hapahaole

Aug 7, 2021
Truck Year
From what I understand the EGR cooler is the root of A LOT of the problems. The GDE tune is good, but if you go in for any recalls you will lose your tune. The MRTuning, or HDDiesel options will allow you to flash back to stock for recall updates and then back to tune after recalls done. I have the MRTuning Stage 1 set up on mine and it is great. I will be full stage 2 when I recoup some funds.

D C

Jul 17, 2021
Truck Year
From what I understand the EGR cooler is the root of A LOT of the problems. The GDE tune is good, but if you go in for any recalls you will lose your tune. The MRTuning, or HDDiesel options will allow you to flash back to stock for recall updates and then back to tune after recalls done. I have the MRTuning Stage 1 set up on mine and it is great. I will be full stage 2 when I recoup some funds.
Have you changed out pipes to maximize your tune? Care to share any other things you'd recommend with this tune? Cheers!

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
You have been misinformed regards GDE's tune
GDE, MRT, HDD, SFT and Reckless tunes all work the same as far as allowing you to flash back to stock for recall updates and then back to tune after recalls done.

Hapahaole

Aug 7, 2021
Truck Year
Have you changed out pipes to maximize your tune? Care to share any other things you'd recommend with this tune? Cheers!
Change out pipes? I haven't done intercooler pipes. I have done the charge pipes for the air filter and turbo (CAC tubes). I also added an oil catch can and took out the EGR diffuser tube and added "storage plates".

Hapahaole

Aug 7, 2021
Truck Year
You have been misinformed regards GDE's tune
GDE, MRT, HDD, SFT and Reckless tunes all work the same as far as allowing you to flash back to stock for recall updates and then back to tune after recalls done.
Maybe I missed but doesn't GDE still do a bench tune? If they do then you can't "flash" back to stock. You would have to swap out the comp before updates. I could be wrong... GDE is a great tune and a great option for all those who have emission testing. I however do not in my state and wanted the cooler turned off.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Maybe I missed but doesn't GDE still do a bench tune? If they do then you can't "flash" back to stock. You would have to swap out the comp before updates. I could be wrong... GDE is a great tune and a great option for all those who have emission testing. I however do not in my state and wanted the cooler turned off.
No