• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

GDE HOT TUNE ECM

scott554

Jun 29, 2019
Truck Year
Does anyone know if it is possible yet to re-program ECM from GDE? I received mine from GDE before EPA closure and just traded my vehicle in due to EGR leak and not being able to leave truck at dealer for unk time. I pulled the GDE tuned ECM and put stock back in before trading so just checking to see if anyone else could purchase and use or just shit can the ECM.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
I've seen them for sale at $800.00+. Don't shit can it, sell it!

Ernie D

Aug 8, 2018
Truck Year
Does anyone know if it is possible yet to re-program ECM from GDE? I received mine from GDE before EPA closure and just traded my vehicle in due to EGR leak and not being able to leave truck at dealer for unk time. I pulled the GDE tuned ECM and put stock back in before trading so just checking to see if anyone else could purchase and use or just shit can the ECM.
I'm interested. Can you give me some details about the ECM tune. What year vehicle, what rear axle ratio, Etc.

scott554

Jun 29, 2019
Truck Year
Its GDE Hot Tune for 2016 3.0, had on truck for 3500 miles purchased 8-5-19 from GDE
ram1500, 3.55 Axle Ratio, Regen Message-no, Engine Brake-no, High Idle-no, Off Road tuning-no, oIl Pressure sensing-no.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I've never tried it on the Ecodiesel, it is possible to change the VIN, I'm sure you can reflash to New AEM with WITech so keep it and sell.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I don't see how GDE can place your VIN in that Module "and keep the Hot Tune" have you checked with them lately?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
When You ignore the warnings ,expect more " incursions "
Its best to find ways to stop the Incursions.

Thinking that You can survive "EPA incursions" = Financial Suicide.

Many have paid the "incursion money in the $10,000s including Me.

Green Diesel

Nov 17, 2015
Truck Year
When You ignore the warnings ,expect more " incursions "
Its best to find ways to stop the Incursions.

Thinking that You can survive "EPA incursions" = Financial Suicide.

Many have paid the "incursion money in the $10,000s including Me.

GDE is in the process of certifying the Ram application with CARB now. We should have an EO within a few months. We will be the first and only certified aftermarket engine and transmission ecm tunes on this application.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
GDE is in the process of certifying the Ram application with CARB now. We should have an EO within a few months. We will be the first and only certified aftermarket engine and transmission ecm tunes on this application.
BANKS Power Derringer for eco? Their website gives a CARB OE for engine tune. Although no Transmission tune from them. Or was I seeing something different?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year

This is great...

Theirs's some road blocks ahead NVFEL is very difficult, the process, and info CDX is time consuming.

Best of Luck.....

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year

That is fantastic news, nothing like ingenuity. Hopefully you can continue your work and provide great tunes for diesel vehicles. Super happy with mine.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed

Glad to hear that.. keep us updated on how things go!

Green Diesel

Nov 17, 2015
Truck Year
BANKS Power Derringer for eco? Their website gives a CARB OE for engine tune. Although no Transmission tune from them. Or was I seeing something different?

Banks does not do tuning, his is a plug in box to the fuel pressure and a couple other sensors. It is strictly for more performance and they have the electronics set up so the power added occurs only at heavy throttle. In this manner, it is not doing anything in normal driving.

Green Diesel

Nov 17, 2015
Truck Year
This is great...

Theirs's some road blocks ahead NVFEL is very difficult, the process, and info CDX is time consuming.

Best of Luck.....

Ram ecodiesel is certified LEV2, BIN5. We will run the FTP75, HWFEC, US06 and SC03 test cycles at a certified lab stock and then tuned. The cert process is expensive and quite some paper pushing. When we worked for the Big 3 in past lives, we certified a few applications, so this is not new for us. Each application could cost $150,000 for certification. We used to tune about 10 applications prior to EPA, no way to afford certifying all of them. Our goal is to pick two applications for cert testing, the Ram and the GM Colorado.

-STIGLITZ-

Nov 17, 2019
Truck Year
Ram ecodiesel is certified LEV2, BIN5. We will run the FTP75, HWFEC, US06 and SC03 test cycles at a certified lab stock and then tuned. The cert process is expensive and quite some paper pushing. When we worked for the Big 3 in past lives, we certified a few applications, so this is not new for us. Each application could cost $150,000 for certification. We used to tune about 10 applications prior to EPA, no way to afford certifying all of them. Our goal is to pick two applications for cert testing, the Ram and the GM Colorado.
Forgive my ignorance but, are the days of delete tuning long gone? Will GDE be offering strictly emissions compliant tuning from here on out?

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Banks does not do tuning, his is a plug in box to the fuel pressure and a couple other sensors. It is strictly for more performance and they have the electronics set up so the power added occurs only at heavy throttle. In this manner, it is not doing anything in normal driving.
Actually that is exactly what I thought they were doing, but they are CARB approved and I was hoping the discussion would lead to a better explanation of the difference between the two. I was also hoping that you may decide to go through the hoops to get approved, although I realize that some aspects of your tune will be modified in the end. Good luck.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
We ran into exactly the same theory when we attempted to get into the CNG conversion, we do CNG repair at this time, and found that due to expense the manufacturers would specialize in just a couple of years or one manufacturer to build certified kits. Good Luck and I love your tune in my truck and my wife's JEEP