• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

GDE Hot tuned

Shawn Thomas

Jun 1, 2018
Truck Year
i made the day tripto Michigan today to visit the gentlemen at GDE and get my truck tuned. 4 hour ride fromdoor to door, 97% highway. I slapped on cruise control at 70-75mph and settled in. I was averaging 22.3 mpg. After arriving and getting the ecm flashed with the hot tune, I took off for the 4 hour trek home and reset my mpg average, and it settled out around 29 mpg at 70 mph cruise control. Granted, this was across flat land Ohio mostly so I’m sure it’ll come down a bit in the hills of western Pennsylvania but we shall see. Also noted the immediate response the throttle has when you want it. There absolutely zero lag time between any acceleration at any speed. It’s fantastic. Did I mention I’ll never have to see that blasted P0299 code ever again?!. I’m beyond ecstatic and if the drive is doable to their shop from your residence, I promise, it’s worth your while instead of mail in.

Shawn Thomas

Jun 1, 2018
Truck Year
Congrats! Did you hand calculate the mileage, or just go by the dash? After tuning, the dash numbers are known to be off a bit..
I only went by the dash at the moment. I’ll wait to get a full tank to check it.

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
Just removed it and put a plate on the turbine housing. It’s just something to keep and eye on especially if using the turbo braking feature cause thats what caused it.

Shawn Thomas

Jun 1, 2018
Truck Year
Just removed it and put a plate on the turbine housing. It’s just something to keep and eye on especially if using the turbo braking feature cause thats what caused it.
Good to know, thanks! I only got the hot tune feature though so hoping it should be alright. Fingers crossed

Shawn Thomas

Jun 1, 2018
Truck Year
Congrats! Did you hand calculate the mileage, or just go by the dash? After tuning, the dash numbers are known to be off a bit..

Halfway through my fresh tank and just going by the EVIC at the moment, I’m back down to 24mpg. I think the key is less restrictive flow past the turbo ;)

Shawn Thomas

Jun 1, 2018
Truck Year
It for sure helps! :D
Got something ordered, it should be in sooner than later I believe. That’ll be when I’ll re-evaluate my mpgs. Although I’ll probably have to factor in the smiles per gallon too

Andrew Bolinger

Jun 25, 2018
Truck Year
I'm thinking about taking the 4hr trip myself. How long did they need to flash it. Was also planning on showing the little one the lake if I'm up that way.
i made the day tripto Michigan today to visit the gentlemen at GDE and get my truck tuned. 4 hour ride fromdoor to door, 97% highway. I slapped on cruise control at 70-75mph and settled in. I was averaging 22.3 mpg. After arriving and getting the ecm flashed with the hot tune, I took off for the 4 hour trek home and reset my mpg average, and it settled out around 29 mpg at 70 mph cruise control. Granted, this was across flat land Ohio mostly so I’m sure it’ll come down a bit in the hills of western Pennsylvania but we shall see. Also noted the immediate response the throttle has when you want it. There absolutely zero lag time between any acceleration at any speed. It’s fantastic. Did I mention I’ll never have to see that blasted P0299 code ever again?!. I’m beyond ecstatic and if the drive is doable to their shop from your residence, I promise, it’s worth your while instead of mail in.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Shawn Thomas

Jun 1, 2018
Truck Year
I'm thinking about taking the 4hr trip myself. How long did they need to flash it. Was also planning on showing the little one the lake if I'm up that way.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Mine took about 30 minutes or so to do, they had to add update my ecm prior to flash, if yours is up to date going in, should only be like 15 minutes give or take 5.

Shawn Thomas

Jun 1, 2018
Truck Year
Just filled up, and hand calc. 583.5 miles traveled 23.41 gallons filled. 24.9 mpg. EVIC is telling me 24.2. I am still waiting on my order to free up some flow post turbo, so once that comes in, I shall try again