• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

GDE tune in utah - keep ECU or get a new one?

Mac

Jun 13, 2020
Truck Year
I am planning on getting the new GDE tune coming out later this month. It is supposed to be street legal, which I think also means the EGR will still be running, please correct me if I am wrong on that. I live in Utah and have to pass an annual smog test. Should I keep the original ECU and swap out if I go to the dealer? I am not planning on going to the dealer unless something catastrophic happened, but I have an extended 100k warranty and would not want to void it. Let me know what you all think. Thank you!

Last edited:

Green Diesel

Nov 17, 2015
Truck Year
Our new tunes will be installed with an OBD flash tool and you can revert back to stock before dealer service. You will not be changing ecms with our new tune kit. Thanks GDE

Mac

Jun 13, 2020
Truck Year
Just ordered the new gde tune. No cold weather idle anymore? I was looking forward to that feature in the utah mountains.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
they were the best tuners in the states and probably still rrrrrrrrrrrr