• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Gen 3 EcoDisel with oil leaking from turbo. Anybody else?

Berzerker

Feb 23, 2021
Truck Year
2020 1500 Ecodiesel Gen 3. I bought it new. I've put 8,000 miles on it. I now have an oil leak. Dealer looked this morning and oil leaking out of the turbo air intake line. They are digging into it deeper today. Anybody else have this issue?

Berzerker

Feb 23, 2021
Truck Year
Dealer had the truck for 6 days. After the mechanic gave it a once over, the service coordinator said the oil leak may have been caused by too much oil. They did the previous oil change so I was surprised he admitted that. The issue was in the turbo. The service report notes: "No DTCs, found oil getting into intercooler and leaking out of left intercooler tube. Removed oil separator housing for inspection and found camshaft seal coming out and leaking. Reinstalled seal." The service tech says they replaced the intercooler but that part isn't on the invoice. Only a piece of tubing that leads to intercooler - 68269545AA

Mxvet0354

Apr 20, 2020
Truck Year
Hopefully it was something simple like that. My new 2020 had an oil leak and was a defective engine block casting. Had to have an engine replacement but no problems since. I sure hope you do not have to go through that!!

Keep us updated.

Berzerker

Feb 23, 2021
Truck Year
Mxvet, wow, that must have sucked. Sorry to hear it. I'm just kicking myself I prepaid for 10 oil changes when I bought the truck. Hopefully, this won't happen again. Definitely visiting a different Ram dealer for future oil changes.

jcj1576

May 6, 2018
Truck Year
Check out the new fire thread on this site and watch that turbo for future leaks closely!