• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Getting a required update via Uconnect: update just fails

billinchar

Oct 11, 2019
Truck Year
Is anyone else getting a mandatorily update pushed to them via uconnect? If so, is it installing? Mine just started this a few days ago. indicating that you have to update. Mine will not install the update, it just fails to install it via the scheduled update feature. I have another recall that needs to be installed, so I have a appointment to get that resolved. I am hoping to get this update issue resolved then as well. Anyone else seeing this update?

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
welcome 2 the group have not heard of any failures but it is not mandatory

billinchar

Oct 11, 2019
Truck Year
It may not be mandatory, but my radio does not work now. And the update will not install. I schedule it and it fails to install. So it seems that the radio will not work until the update installs. That is mandatory for me. My wife wants the radio to work. :)uconnect.jpg

billinchar

Oct 11, 2019
Truck Year
Had my truck in the shop today. Issue with Radio is resolved. Service rep indicates a know issue. Fix is remove the fuse and all the system to reset. System update apply's successfully.

kwaropay

Apr 22, 2019
Truck Year
Had my truck in the shop today. Issue with Radio is resolved. Service rep indicates a know issue. Fix is remove the fuse and all the system to reset. System update apply's successfully.

THANKS! I'm gonna try to pull the fuse on the radio tomorrow! SO ANNOYING. Every few days, this message has been popping up to update and it fails!

I would take it to the dealer but my bumper-to-bumper warranty is done. Or are they fixing this for free?

Last edited:

John

Nov 13, 2015
Uconnect will pay the dealer as necessary. If the update completes and the radio locks up or keeps prompting to update then pulling the fuse might fix it.

If the update fails, pulling the fuse will not work.

The update is mandatory. Here's a quote from the TSB

NUMBER: 0808919
GROUP: 08 Electrical
DATE: August 28, 2019

Vehicles sold in the U.S. can receive software updates “overtheair”.
Updates to software will occur
in a phased rollout.
The software is updated through the built-in cellular modem in the radio.
Customers will see a notification on their radio screen when new software is available for their radio
(Fig. 1) . The owner will have the option to update the radio or schedule the update for later. There
is not an option to decline the update indefinitely, the update must be performed.
NOTE: If the update is not performed the following will occur.
On November 3rd, 2019, all vehicles GPS functionalities (i.e. location, turnbyturn,
date, time) will
be inaccurate.
• Certain connected services applications will lose functionality that depend on accurate GPS.
There will be no error message displayed to the customer.
• Vehicle location on GPS navigation screen will no longer follow the streets on the map.
• Connected services that utilize GPS time will no longer function.
NOTE: This is an information only Service Bulletin to inform the dealer how the FOTA update
is performed. This document does not contain a LOP for reimbursement.
REGULAR UPDATE MODE (Fig. 1) : This regular update mode is offered to the user 19 times.
Vehicle conditions have to be met to initiate regular update mode. The user will see the following
“Update Now” popup
window after IGNITION OFF (if conditions are met, such as battery
charge state, door closed) If user updates “now” or schedules the update then the software installs
(updates) and no more popup
window will be experienced. If user opts out (by opening the door, or
postponing the update on subsequent screens) then this update option will be offered up to 18
more instances at IGNITION OFF.

FORCED UPDATE MODE: If the user rejected or did not utilize the regular update mode options 19
times then at the 20th IGNITION ON the radio will go into “forced update” mode. At IGNITION ON
the following popup
will sh

kwaropay

Apr 22, 2019
Truck Year
Stupid question...where the heck is the radio fuse on a 2016 Ram 1500? There is nothing in the owners manual or within the diagram on the Fuse box. What the heck is that about? I am pretty sure my radio is up to date because I upgraded it via the USB port when I updated my Maps last month. So, I just need to pull the fuse for 10 minutes and I'll probably avoid going to the dealership for 2+ hours.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Stupid question...where the heck is the radio fuse on a 2016 Ram 1500? There is nothing in the owners manual or within the diagram on the Fuse box. What the heck is that about? I am pretty sure my radio is up to date because I upgraded it via the USB port when I updated my Maps last month. So, I just need to pull the fuse for 10 minutes and I'll probably avoid going to the dealership for 2+ hours.
Not sure about the fuse location on the 2016 but here's where it's located on the 2014. You can check the software version number if you go to settings- system information. It should be 18.x.x

Attachments

• Radio Fuse Location.jpg
    Radio Fuse Location.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 15

Stan517

Jul 27, 2019
Truck Year
I have 2014 Econo diesel and it updated without a problem just last month.

kwaropay

Apr 22, 2019
Truck Year
Not sure about the fuse location on the 2016 but here's where it's located on the 2014. You can check the software version number if you go to settings- system information. It should be 18.x.x

THANKS! for the 2016 Ram, I found my radio fuse in the same spot.

I could see some dumb engineers arguing over where to put that fuse!
Engineer A: There's plenty of empty slots in the fuse box.​
Engineer B: But an in-line fuse all the way back by the power brake booster and firewall where you can barely see it (unlabeled) would be cooler.​

my Uconnect version is 17.43.01. When I check https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html and type in my VIN, it says the same version, too. But I guess FCA hasn't updated the versions there so we could manually update to version 18.x.

Chucky004

Oct 22, 2019
Truck Year
Is anyone else getting a mandatorily update pushed to them via uconnect? If so, is it installing? Mine just started this a few days ago. indicating that you have to update. Mine will not install the update, it just fails to install it via the scheduled update feature. I have another recall that needs to be installed, so I have a appointment to get that resolved. I am hoping to get this update issue resolved then as well. Anyone else seeing this update?
Hi, I’m new to the forum, but I love all the info on here. I unhooked the battery for 15 min and it reset and unlocked the radio and never showed up again. Nothing worse than a 10 hour drive with no radio.

kwaropay

Apr 22, 2019
Truck Year
they finally updated www.driveuconnect.com with version 18.45 for my 2016 Ram 1500. Whenever I typed in my VIN it kept telling me I was up to date (17.43.01). When I tried yesterday, I could download the newest version and get past this stupid issue without going to the deal-whore for an appointment. Yahoo!