• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Glow Plugs

Danielle8684

May 4, 2021
Truck Year
Hello guys. I am trying to find a diagram of where each glow plug is on my truck as I am not having any luck in finding one. if some one could help me out that would be great. I don't want to have to take my truck back to the shop again to have another glow plug replaced again. I have a 2014 Ram 1500

Thanks,

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
The service manual is available on one of the forums, you'll need to search it out, I think one of the members has it in a link to his dropbox, You can also get an alldata subscription for about 30 bucks a year. The manual is very comprehensive and very, very redundant. I have used the alldata in a professional capacity & it's very good, but I'm not sure how much coverage they offer on the VM 3.0. You also need to be very careful, the glow plugs have a tendency to twist off, leaving you with a mess, go slow on them, loosen a little, then tighten it a little, use a good penetrating oil like PB-BLASTER, keep working it back & forth & hope it doesnt twist off or strip, you can buy extractors for them if they break & also get thread repair sets if they strip, BUT, it could get into a cylinder head replacement. Use a good antisieze on the new glowplug! Sorry to bear potentially bad news. BEST WISHES!

Last edited: