• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Grill shutter delete

Christopher Martin

Aug 27, 2017
Truck Year
How do I go about deleting the active grill shutters?

Can I just remove the shutters and remount the motor out of the way plugged in but not connected to anything?

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
If you remove them you well need to either have them shut off via tuning. Or mount the motor out of the way and limits its swing.

fhedrickjr

Dec 15, 2016
Truck Year
I thought when driving in warm weather, they stayed open...? I am wondering if you will ever see normal driving temps in cold weather?

SRICH15

Jun 18, 2017
Truck Year
I removed mine and just mounted the actuator motor on top of the core support like in the instruction from H & S for their oil cooler. Look up H & S oil cooler and the instructions show you how!! I just used the Allen Bolt that came with my Dee Zee tailgate assist kit and have had not problems. After removing the shutters and the big horn grill for a tradesman grill my temps run 203* empty @ 90* outside temp. which is down 5-10* from before!! https://hs-motorsports.com/14-15-ram-1500-ecodiesel-oil-cooler-kit.html