• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Guide to buying a used 2nd gen ecodiesel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bdersch

Sep 26, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
Hello everyone.

Currently i am "driving" a 2020 silverado 1500 trailboss that has been in the shop for a month with an engine knock they cant fix. Bought it new and its been an issue and is on its way to becoming a lemon.

I have eyed the ecodiesel for years just never pulled the trigger. But i am ready to do it. I looked at 2020/ 2021 eco but i think imma go with a 1st gen so i can get a tune on it. Thats the plan. From what i have read the GDE tunes or sofaking really do good for these trucks and also make them last much longer so thats what i plan to do.
Goals to spend under $35k and have it under 50k miles.

So what i need from yall since im new to the ecodiesel world is what should i look for when it comes to buying one outside of the obvious used vehicle stuff.

For the ecodiesel is there anything specific to look for or listen for? I know thats open ended but you all know these trucks well and can hopefully guide me away from another lemon.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I returned My 2015 3.0VM for 2019 Ram Limited 5.7, The limited a Keeper, Great Mileage comfort and ride.

On a serious note The 3.0VM is problematic, I will not buy another 1/2 (Ram) Ton/1500 until they change the powerplant to more robust, dependable engine.

Less parts upgrade definitely lower the risk, but you loose the AEM Warranty. 2014-16. 2017 Plus do not qualify for the additional coverage. Just Factory/Fed warranty

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Don't listen to the butthurt naysayers who've had bad experiences, that is first part of my advice.... second part is delete and tune the dam thing from the beginning and it should last you a long time. Happy hunting!

Status
Not open for further replies.