• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hacked Radio??

Bison Slayer

May 10, 2019
Truck Year
I would say this was false but it happened to me. I saw on a head line that the Uconnect radios can be hacked and people can take control of your truck from a computer. I found youtube videos of 3 people doing it along with turning on random codes. I had 120,000 miles on my truck (2014 tradesmen ecodiesel) with only 1 major issue (EGR). after the dealership fixed it, I started getting random codes that didn't even make seance (like P0352 that's for gas engines I believe) and random radio station changes, all the other codes I had checked and everything kept coming back fine in good working condition. After many hours of research I found out that disconnecting the Satellite radio antenna, the truck can not be hacked. I pulled my dash apart and got to it, and after that I have not had one stupid code come on until my intake manifold got plugged or random radio station changes with volume.

Has anyone had any relatable issues?

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Wow! That sounds crazy! Where do you live and who do you think could be hacking it?

Bison Slayer

May 10, 2019
Truck Year
I live in SD but from things I've researched on, the hackers could be anywhere in the world. Once you give something internet/satellite connection, it becomes hackable. I'm not a tech savvy guy, but I do know how to unplug wires lol.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
the plugged up intake comes from miles and a working egr

Bison Slayer

May 10, 2019
Truck Year
the plugged up intake comes from miles and a working egr

Yeah I put 30,000 miles on it with in one year time span. So yeah it doesn't like me at all. But I changed the oil on it every 5,000 miles, So it should have been happy.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
my oil looks like new with 7000 miles golden in color what color is yours