• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Has Anyone Tried to Contact the Attorneys Appointed by the Court?

felicia

Jul 8, 2019
Truck Year
On the eco diesel ram settlement website it states "The Court has appointed lawyers to represent all Class Members as “Class Counsel.” You will not be charged for contacting these lawyers." Has anyone tried to contact one of these 10 attorneys? If so, how long did it take for them to respond?
I contacted these attorneys via email and telephone (leaving a voice message) this past Sunday and I have not heard back.
As I mentioned in my previous post the check engine will not come off and so far the dealership has replaced a dozen parts
which except for one was under the extended warranty I purchased or the warranty given with this class action suit. Now
the dealership also wants me to pay for 1 hour of labor, because they are saying these warranties do not cover all the labor cost. I have a feeling
that soon the dealership is going to recommend parts not under the warranty and if check engine light remains on
I wanted to find out from these attorneys if I can get reimbursed for misdiagnosis?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Need to share more details on the CEL and truck, Does your state have lemon laws?

felicia

Jul 8, 2019
Truck Year
Hi! My understanding is that the lemon law is for recently purchased (new & used) vehicles in the state I live in.
We have this 2014 Ram 1500 diesel for 3 years and put 60,000. It has passed inspection for the first 2 years we owned it.
However, we did the AEM recall and the check engine light remains on so we can't pass inspection.
The dealer started to replace the speed control switches, clockspring, particular matter sensor, steering wheel wiring due to the CEL codes. The dealer then put in seven more parts (I don't recall which ones) and the check engine light remains on, but with different codes. He just replaced the NOx sensor, but CEL stays on. The vehicles has been in the shop for 3 weeks now (sometimes the dealership had to wait for parts from Orlando, Denver, etc...). I was hoping that the court appointed attorneys for this class action suit could provide guidance, but it has been a couple of business days since I contacted them and I have not received an email response or a telephone call.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
If it remain on when You pick it up why did you leave the dealership with it on?

felicia

Jul 8, 2019
Truck Year
I can't take the vehicle from the dealership, because it will not pass inspection. The other day the dealership ask for an hour
of labor ($155 plus tax) to continue to work on it even though all the parts they replaced are either under
the warranty I purchased or the warranty given with this class action suit. I had no choice to pay it. I am also concerned
the dealership will want to replace parts not under either warranty then I will have to pay for parts and labor and if
the CEL does not go off then to me there was a misdiagnosis. Since I want to understand my options, I thought a good
place to start is with these class action attorneys.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Tell them to take off all their unessary parts off the truck and pay u for letting them practice on your truck

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Tell them to take off all their unessary parts off the truck and pay u for letting them practice on your truck

Yep.. if felicia drove it in with NO CEL, than its ALL Dealer / FCA Problem. Heck ......have them buy the Truck, Now I see what you mean By Settlement Lawyers.....FCA is required by the settlement to Make it AEM compliant...DON'T PAY THEM NOTHING..... YOU brought it in with NO CEL whatever they did they are required to fix it.

swordfish

Nov 15, 2015
Truck Year
it will take another (class action) to settle these new problems, most likely years back and forth in court and fca claimed no fault
in this first go-round good luck with a second one

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
if u want the attorney to call u back send him a check for 300.00 u will get a phone call

Wil

Jun 17, 2019
Truck Year
YES..... I have spoken to Ali at Lieff,Cabraser,Heimann&Bernstein LLP numerous times, This is the lead Law Firm and the one assigned by the Federal Court to follow up and represent EcoDiesel owners. They meet quarterly with a Federal Judge and FCA Reps to ensure FCA honors and lives up to their part of the settlement.

Ali was VERY instrumental in getting my local dealership to honor the loaner car clause after my dealership

There services are FREE and Ali is really helpful! Ali’s email address is [email protected].

boosti

Feb 17, 2020
Truck Year
YES..... I have spoken to Ali at Lieff,Cabraser,Heimann&Bernstein LLP numerous times, This is the lead Law Firm and the one assigned by the Federal Court to follow up and represent EcoDiesel owners. They meet quarterly with a Federal Judge and FCA Reps to ensure FCA honors and lives up to their part of the settlement.

Ali was VERY instrumental in getting my local dealership to honor the loaner car clause after my dealership

There services are FREE and Ali is really helpful! Ali’s email address is [email protected].
When the dealership and customer care fail to provide a loaner as per the Ecodiesel settlement. The attorney from the class action lawsuit will certainly help. Dealers are also trying to charge a deductible for customers with a warranty or charge for parts not covered under the recall. My 2015 Ecodiesel is in the shop now for a second EGR cooler. The service advisor was trying to charge me a deductible on my warranty. The coolant leak is fully covered under the recall.