• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Heat not blowing that hot

Jorjax7733

Feb 24, 2019
Truck Year
Hi everyone,
My 2016 ecodiesel ram is starting to act up. The climate control blows from cold to hot and changes despite of what I set the temp at. I noticed if I rev higher it gets warmer... possibly thermostat?

Eneg

Nov 12, 2018
Truck Year
Mine was doing the same thing and then my check engine light came on. Per FCA, they replaced the thermostat, didn't help and still had the CE come on. They then replaced the ECM, again per FCA. Didn't help. There is a set procedure just for ecodiesels from FCA. I had tried to get them to replace the coolant sensor but they kept telling me it couldn't be that. Well I went to the dash screen that has all the gauge temps on it and showed them that my temp would go from 148 and drop to 131, then to 155 then drop to 141 and more. They replaced the wiring and coolant sensor. Now when I reach 161, heat comes pouring out.

Eneg

Nov 12, 2018
Truck Year
Let me add that any time you lose coolant, replacing parts, always burp the system to release trapped air or you could get the same CE again.

Veefer99

Feb 7, 2019
Truck Year
When it happened to my '16 ED with 42000mi I needed to add 3qrts of coolant to the system courtesy of a leaking water pump - dripping through the shaft seal.

Jorjax7733

Feb 24, 2019
Truck Year
Thanks for everyone’s reply’s... dealer came back with warranty replacement for water pump and also saying my egr cooler needs replacement which isn’t covered under the 100000km warranty therefore it’s going to cost me $4000... I think I’m going to have water pump replaced and ditch the truck as I am worried of what’s to come.

Veefer99

Feb 7, 2019
Truck Year
I would ditch the dealer instead. did he give the reason for coller replacement? I have read stories about dealers replacing turbos, coolers,inake manifolds and other parts that didn't fix engine lights and codes coming back days later. $4000-7000 spent for nothing and zero accountability from the dealer. It's an easy money grab on dealer's part. Find a good mechanic/dealer and get a second opinion.
Better yet get GDE tune and get rid off EGR system and all the problems it creates.

Jorjax7733

Feb 24, 2019
Truck Year
Thanks, what exactly is a gde tune and where can I get one?

Veefer99

Feb 7, 2019
Truck Year
Green Diesel Engineering ( I believe that is the full and correct name) is located just outside Detroit Mi. Please google it to get more info or go to their website http://www.greendieselengineering.com. They offer partial and full EGR delete and can provide new computer module or they can reprogram customer's unit. Most customers from what I read wait till warranty ends. Some install it on brand new trucks. EGR system on ED is very complicated and soot accumulation will quickly bring engine light on and error codes that can be caused by many things going bad and dealers don't seem to be interested in finding those problems but rather replace expensive Parts one by one and not necessarily fixing the problem in the end. I just fixed one of error codes by simply cleaning up MAP sensor. I intend to do a full GDE TUNE at the end of the year when I hit 100000KM. I have lost my faith in dealer's ability to properly diagnose and repair problems.

Jorjax7733

Feb 24, 2019
Truck Year
Agreed and will be doing it! Thanks so much for the advise. There is also a company in BC Canada that offers similar . Detroit being only 4 hours from me works perfect. I will reach out to them. Thanks again!