• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hello all. Air filters

JLee

Feb 7, 2021
Truck Year
Not Listed
So I have a 2021 1500 eco diesel. I wanted to put a cold air intake system in the truck, but the dealership said it would void some aspects to the warranty (which I have extended warranty). So I though I would just put a better air filter in place of the old one. For the big brain truckies out there. I have two questions?

1.) would a better air filter even help? (obvious it wouldn't be as good as entire new cold air-take system. Would help even a little?!?!

2.) If so, what are some good filters? ie. K & N

I appreciate the input. Truck Onnnnnnn

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Welcome! Many have found that the standard paper filter has done better than an oil coated filter. I have an oil k&n filter but I find I don’t clean it as much as I keep up with the paper filters in my other vehicles

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
I have read that the stock air filter box & filter actually flow & filter better than the after markets & cold air kits.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
No reason to try and get more air, as the turbo can't use it. The stock filter system even provides more air than the stock turbo needs. Several have changed the stock type filter for a lifetime filter, not for more air, for filter longevity.