• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hello Everyone. my name is Olga . i have 2017 dodge laramie eco

olga

May 14, 2021
Truck Year
this truck has been amazing since day one. overnight literally there was a knocking on it and i just left dealership and they said i need a new engine. 20000.00 all in like i have it in my purse. they informed me that the bearing on crankshaft had failed and thats all. i have 156000kms on it.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
welcome 2 the group that is the main problem with the eco engine failure and fires sorry 4 your problem

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
try finding a used LOW MILAGE used engine in the states or try canada a rb engine is worth as much as the truck is worth or bite the bullet and trade it in on another truck

Ironcity

Dec 16, 2020
Truck Year
this truck has been amazing since day one. overnight literally there was a knocking on it and i just left dealership and they said i need a new engine. 20000.00 all in like i have it in my purse. they informed me that the bearing on crankshaft had failed and thats all. i have 156000kms on it.
It’s not under warranty? I think the eco is 5 years or 100,000 miles. You are under the miles. Are you just over the years? Even if you are, I would argue strongly about how many failures just like this have occurred on this engine. Contact corporate with the same argument. Maybe they make a deal and meet you halfway. Also, it should be more like a $12,000 repair, not $20k.

elinventorcito

Mar 7, 2021
Truck Year
for the km part she is not in the state, $20k sound bit like ripoff, find out the warranty coverage in your country and go on from there, if you can accomplished anything with that get a new engine the go about $7k plus shipping, and go an independent shop

Jmi

May 31, 2019
Truck Year
We have a 2016 with 105k miles. 2 months before we bought it, they changed the standard warranty, added about $3500 to the price to extend power train warranty from 60k to 100k miles or 5 years. The only serious problem... Turbo went out around 65k miles. Dealer removed the cab to replace it. In the shop for a little over a week. No cost to us, we were glad we had it... I Love our Ecodiesel.