• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hello everyone

Ricky Hays

Jan 20, 2018
Truck Year
I am Ricky, I bought my 2016 Dodge ram eco diesel new an I have had nothing but b BS with it from the start I didn't know anything about a diesel engine at the time an I still don't so I really could use help. I just had the emissions recall done an I promise I have a 3 second lax or more. My truck always had some slow repose but this thing could get you killed. I had issue with coolant loss I know the EGR has to be leaking but dealership said it's not but they wouldn't check it untill I had the recall done can someone tell me what to do about the lag an what happens if I do stage one delete

cds13ca

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
Get a tune to get rid of the lag, they'll shut off the egr gas valve. I went with GDE and haven't looked back. Not cheap by any means, but if you are looking to keep the truck for a few years, the stock tune will kill your truck pretty fast!!

Stage one won't solve your leak, IF the leak is from the egr cooler. If it's leaking at the cooler, you need a stage 2 (or if it's covered under warrantee, get a new cooler).

You can check the cooler for leaking by yourself, takes about 10 min to diagnose. My dealer showed me this:

Pull off the diffuser tube, at the intake side, the tip of it should be carbon'd up with dry soot. If it's wet, chunky, gooey, sticky, tar like, then that's the combination of soot and coolant, which indicated that your is leaking coolant, mixing with the exhaust gases and being sucked into the intake...
(Check the online video on where the diffuser tube is - 4 bolts to remove, that's it).

I'd find a new dealer if he refuses to check until you get the update. I guess they're under pressure to get that update out there in the US. Sucking in coolant is bad for the engine and could rust out the cylinders, contaminate the oil and cause all sorts of other problems! Get it looked at asap...

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome to the group like I always said tune tune before it is to late

mcgaeth72

Sep 4, 2019
Truck Year
I'm new also to the forum and joined mainly to see how everyone else was doing with the settlement process. I have a 2014 bought it brand new and have had exceptionally good luck with it....till now. I have the P203E fault which means a new DEF tank is on the way. It is covered as I have had the AEM completed. No check yet tho...says it's on the way.
I'm curious tho, does tune, tune, tune mean do a delete? Because I really think that is the way to go from what I am reading. Thank you all for any help.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome to you both..

"Tuning" is re-writing the factory calibration for more power and usually better fuel economy. "Deleting" is removing federal mandated emissions that really is against the law, but some companies do offer a way to do it.

cds13ca

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
I'm new also to the forum and joined mainly to see how everyone else was doing with the settlement process. I have a 2014 bought it brand new and have had exceptionally good luck with it....till now. I have the P203E fault which means a new DEF tank is on the way. It is covered as I have had the AEM completed. No check yet tho...says it's on the way.
I'm curious tho, does tune, tune, tune mean do a delete? Because I really think that is the way to go from what I am reading. Thank you all for any help.
Tuning changes how the truck runs, generally, gaining some HP, reducing REGENS from GDE tunes, shutting off EGR, eliminating the lag on take-off, less oil contamination (oil stays a lot cleaner), better MPG. With a tune, you can keep the emission stuff on the truck but just shut off the computer that runs it so they are in effect, deleted but not deleted physically so if you had a visual emission inspection, it would not stick out as a sore thumb as illegal... Much harder to detect a tune than it is to see that your egr has been removed, and dpf is gone, and other emission related parts...

mcgaeth72

Sep 4, 2019
Truck Year
Tuning changes how the truck runs, generally, gaining some HP, reducing REGENS from GDE tunes, shutting off EGR, eliminating the lag on take-off, less oil contamination (oil stays a lot cleaner), better MPG. With a tune, you can keep the emission stuff on the truck but just shut off the computer that runs it so they are in effect, deleted but not deleted physically so if you had a visual emission inspection, it would not stick out as a sore thumb as illegal... Much harder to detect a tune than it is to see that your egr has been removed, and dpf is gone, and other emission related parts...
So does a tune nullify the enw warranty with the AEM?? I'm a real rookie here....how do I find a tune?? Is it something I have to do or can I take it to be done ( I hope).