• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hello from Dayton, OH

GoBucks

Jan 6, 2022
Truck Year
Hello all,
I just picked up a 2014 Tradesman ED and look forward to learning more about it. Rolling the dice a bit, as it has high (182k) miles, but is in excellent condition and one owner. I am not new to diesels but this is my first EcoDiesel.
Mike

EcoDiesel USA

Jan 15, 2022
Truck Year
Hello all,
I just picked up a 2014 Tradesman ED and look forward to learning more about it. Rolling the dice a bit, as it has high (182k) miles, but is in excellent condition and one owner. I am not new to diesels but this is my first EcoDiesel.
Mike
Welcome man! I deleted a guys truck that had over 250k on original motor I do believe he’s closing in on 280 right now

GoBucks

Jan 6, 2022
Truck Year
That's good to hear, this truck runs excellent, but I do understand now what people were talking about regarding the turbo lag and overall performance. I would like to find a shop that specializes or is familiar with these engines locally as I am not. Hopefully this forum will be of use in finding one.

Frank246

Feb 20, 2019
Truck Year
Hello all,
Mike
Try and contact a former member of this forum named "VernDiesel"' He lives in the Dayton, Ohio area and tows Airstream Travel Trailers from the plant around the country to various dealers. He owned a 2014 and put 300K on his first engine then another 300K+ on the second before he just recently switched to a RAM 2500 with a Cummins. He is very helpful and had many contacts in the area for diesel eng maintenance.

Good Luck

GoBucks

Jan 6, 2022
Truck Year
Try and contact a former member of this forum named "VernDiesel"' He lives in the Dayton, Ohio area and tows Airstream Travel Trailers from the plant around the country to various dealers. He owned a 2014 and put 300K on his first engine then another 300K+ on the second before he just recently switched to a RAM 2500 with a Cummins. He is very helpful and had many contacts in the area for diesel eng maintenance.

Good Luck
Thank you very much.

rhanselman

Jan 18, 2022
Truck Year
I was born and raised in Dayton and West Carrollton. Graduated from Wright State back in the late '80s. Great place to be from!

Frank246

Feb 20, 2019
Truck Year
You're to young!! :)
My wife and I were both born at Miami Valley Hosp and graduated from Beavercreek HS back in the early 60's.
Raised a family in Kettering, Ohio; went to Wright State when is was still just a DAY CARE center (no dorms had been built in 1967).
If you have any challenge getting in touch with Vern, let me know and I'll see if I can locate a contact method for you.
Next time I get to Dayton from South Carolina, as we have family up there, I'll look you up!

Best

GoBucks

Jan 6, 2022
Truck Year
You're to young!! :)
My wife and I were both born at Miami Valley Hosp and graduated from Beavercreek HS back in the early 60's.
Raised a family in Kettering, Ohio; went to Wright State when is was still just a DAY CARE center (no dorms had been built in 1967).
If you have any challenge getting in touch with Vern, let me know and I'll see if I can locate a contact method for you.
Next time I get to Dayton from South Carolina, as we have family up there, I'll look you up!

Best
I don't feel young...! I was at WSU '81-'85 but spent too much time in the Rathskeller! :) I found him on another Ram site, but he hasn't responded to my message (it was just yesterday though). Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mike

GoBucks

Jan 6, 2022
Truck Year
I was born and raised in Dayton and West Carrollton. Graduated from Wright State back in the late '80s. Great place to be from!
I'll second that, I graduated from Butler and then went to WSU and Wilmington on the 6 year plan!!!

rhanselman

Jan 18, 2022
Truck Year
I don't feel young...! I was at WSU '81-'85 but spent too much time in the Rathskeller! :) I found him on another Ram site, but he hasn't responded to my message (it was just yesterday though). Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mike
Well, we were there (WSU) at the same time, and probably shared some time together at the Rathskeller!