• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hello from Nc

Jonathan Burks

Jun 28, 2018
Truck Year
Hello! Finally joined the forum. I have a 2017 Ram and love it so far. MPG has been great and pulling a little R-pod camper and a trailer for our bikes has been easy with the ecodiesel! Only complaints about my truck is I wished I got the bigger rear axle and mine had the towing mirrors on it. Only thing that I would really change.

Since I have had it I added a bed cover, splash guards, and some nice steep rails. Looking to do a few more things one being a cold air intake but curious to look it up and see how it helps.

Also I have a question that may be able to be answered here. I am looking to get a bigger toy hauler that weighs hair under 7k pounds. With mine and my wife’s motorcycle would put the weight right around 8k pounds. We really don’t plan on not staying some where with out a full hook up so really not considering much more weight for the tanks or anything because they will be empty.

So my question is would the ecodiesel with the 3.5 axel be ok pulling around 8500 pounds or so.

I’m located near the western part of North Carolina if we have any local people around.

Picture is of my truck with my wife’s ninja 650 in the back.

e27d56920e999670927245541eb28a9e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome! Each truck towing capacity varies based on gears, cab config/etc.. it's best to look it up and validate that way. However, if you're right at the edge and you do it often, it might be time for a bigger truck :) If it's a every now and then thing, you'll likely be ok.

Jonathan Burks

Jun 28, 2018
Truck Year
Welcome! Each truck towing capacity varies based on gears, cab config/etc.. it's best to look it up and validate that way. However, if you're right at the edge and you do it often, it might be time for a bigger truck :) If it's a every now and then thing, you'll likely be ok.

It’s right around the limits I’m thinking but it’s not a all the time thing. Maybe a couple times a year. Bigger truck is not in the picture right now but I wished it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk