• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hello to all of you with Ram Eco-diesel's. I purchased my new Dodge Ram Eco-diesel in 2016. I never had a diesel prior.

Pissed off

Mar 22, 2019
Truck Year
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 Eco-diesel

I have been dealing with all of the problems that I am sure most of you have had. My latest is the DEF pump. When I went into the dealer to check the engine light. I was told I needed a new DEF pump. When they told me the pump cost $1500 plus $400 to install I flipped out but had no option but to agree to get it repaired. After hanging up I called NAPA Auto parts. They told me they have a replacement DEF pump for $122. I immediately called the dealer and told them to hold off ordering the part. I picked up my truck from the dealer and the pump from NAPA.

When I got home I removed the cross member and the rock shield. This is when I realized the pump I was given was not the same as what is at the bottom of the DEF tank.

1) 1st is the DEF pump recessed into the bottom of the DEF tank?
2) Is it possible to keep the pump in place and modify the new pump in the DEF line after the existing pump?
3) Is there an after market pump that switches out the existing pump without modifying anything and doesn't cost $1500.?

The pump appears to be a Bosch 0444040006 / 68231288AF Made in Czech Republic.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
...and with the settlement it will be covered under warranty. Show your dealer this document, signed by FCA, and ask them to call FCA and get the repair approved.

Attachments

• Extract of extended warranty.pdf
    764.1 KB · Views: 22

Pissed off

Mar 22, 2019
Truck Year
I am not under warranty. I have 44,227 miles on my 2016 ram. Is this part of the pending settlement that is about to be released?

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
I am not under warranty. I have 44,227 miles on my 2016 ram. Is this part of the pending settlement that is about to be released?
It has already been signed by FCA and the Government. The only thing left is the judge in the case to sign it. The document i posted is the top two pages of the agreement plus the list of items that will be covered for an addition 42k miles (I believe). If you go to this site: https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/ you can scroll down to the 8th frame. On the top is a pdf called DOJ Consent Degree. That is the whole document. This is essentially a done deal. Someone else (I don't know where) had an EGR cooler go out after warranty. I believe FCA is working it for them because of the settlement.

I am also puzzled why the dealer denied warranty on the DEF pump because it is part of an emissions control system. This is what i read: "Design and Defect Warranty. Specified major emission control components are generally covered for 8 years / 80,000 miles from when the vehicle is first put into service, whichever comes first and regardless of ownership." Some of this is State by State. Other guys on this site like TC Diesel and John are a lot more knowledgeable on the emissions equipment warranty so maybe they will respond.

Last edited:

Pissed off

Mar 22, 2019
Truck Year
...and with the settlement it will be covered under warranty. Show your dealer this document, signed by FCA, and ask them to call FCA and get the repair approved.
It has already been signed by FCA and the Government. The only thing left is the judge in the case to sign it. The document i posted is the top two pages of the agreement plus the list of items that will be covered for an addition 42k miles (I believe). If you go to this site: https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/ you can scroll down to the 8th frame. On the top is a pdf called DOJ Consent Degree. That is the whole document. This is essentially a done deal. Someone else (I don't know where) had an EGR cooler go out after warranty. I believe FCA is working it for them because of the settlement.

I am also puzzled why the dealer denied warranty on the DEF pump because it is part of an emissions control system. This is what i read: "Design and Defect Warranty. Specified major emission control components are generally covered for 8 years / 80,000 miles from when the vehicle is first put into service, whichever comes first and regardless of ownership." Some of this is State by State. Other guys on this site like TC Diesel and John are a lot more knowledgeable on the emissions equipment warranty so maybe they will respond.

Thank you very much !

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Yes its covered both ways, By the emission warranty and the Service contract in the settlement...Don't let the dealer screw You FCA corrected this and its included in the 8/80..The Dealer is confusing this with Gas Warranty.

FCA corrected the wording on 12-16-16 FCA Manager Emission Cert/Com

Pissed off

Mar 22, 2019
Truck Year
Yes its covered both ways, By the emission warranty and the Service contract in the settlement...Don't let the dealer screw You FCA corrected this and its included in the 8/80..The Dealer is confusing this with Gas Warranty.

FCA corrected the wording on 12-16-16 FCA Manager Emission Cert/Com

Does it matter what state you live in to have this apply? I live in PA.

Pissed off

Mar 22, 2019
Truck Year
Is it just California that requires different emissions equipment and emissions equipment warranties?

Must I wait till the judge signs the Consent Decree before returning to the dealer?
Who should should I speak to at the dealer? The service people just give me a rubber stamp reply?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Is it just California that requires different emissions equipment and emissions equipment warranties?

No its USA wide, CA has CARB thats the enforcer in CA and work with the EPA. Its kinda Makes CA screw up.