• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Help needed after delete/tune

Mihall2362

Dec 1, 2020
Truck Year
I purchased an ERG/DPF delete and Engine/trans tune from HD Diesel for my 2014 Ecodiesel. Over the past 2 days I installed a Banks intake, banks throttle delete, the ERG delete, the DPF delete, and then the tunes. After starting the truck and letting run at idle for about 15 minutes I finally felt ready to test her out. Backed out of the garage, headed for the road. Once on the road and beginning to accelerate I was welcomed with multiple check engine codes and warnings. Exhaust system maintenance required see technician, electric throttle errors, and the truck would enter limp mode at around 30 mph. Any advice or help is welcomed. I hope to speak to HD on Monday to determine if there was an error with the tune.PXL_20201213_021706421.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20201213_014420931.jpg
    PXL_20201213_014420931.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 3

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Yea, I'd get with HD Diesel Supply tomorrow. Did you upload and download the correct files?

Mihall2362

Dec 1, 2020
Truck Year
As best I can tell I'm using the tuned file that they sent back to me. Hoping to talk with them tomorrow though and maybe try to resend the tune and try the upload all over again.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Should've been the file: name_yearRamEcoDiesel_HD Diesel.usr

Attached is the instruction file in case you didn't have it. Hopefully they can help you out tomorrow.

Attachments

• HD Diesel Eco Diesel Handheld Instructions[2996].pdf
    779.2 KB · Views: 15

Mihall2362

Dec 1, 2020
Truck Year
Update, plugged stock electric throttle back on and just zip tied it out of the way. Truck ran fine with no codes until a fuel line failed and threw a low fuel pressure error. Not sure if I need to discuss with HD Diesel about the tune removing the throttle, I guess I assumed it was already part of the tune.

Mihall2362

Dec 1, 2020
Truck Year
Spoke with HD Diesel, informed me that the banks intake and throttle need custom tuning and that should take care of the trouble codes. Waiting for my fuel tube supply lines to arrive and hopefully get the truck back on the road. HD Diesel has been more than professional during all my interactions with them. Hoping the updated tune is the fix they say it will be.