HELP - Reprogramming ECM with AlfaOBD

• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

rpols7

Nov 30, 2019
New Jersey
Truck Year
I tried reprogramming another ECM with alfaobd. I got the vin and injector codes changed but starts and stalls. So I reinstalled my original and that does the same thing? How do I get this running again? That's all I changed was the was the vin and injector code.

rpols7

Nov 30, 2019
New Jersey
Truck Year
I got it going again with the old one. I play with the other one another day. Maybe I didn't give it enough time. I disconnected the battery 30 min and touched the cables for about 30 sec.

rpols7

Nov 30, 2019
New Jersey
Truck Year
I got it going again with the old one. I play with the other one another day. Maybe I didn't give it enough time. I disconnected the battery 30 min and touched the cables for about 30 sec.
Thats what I'm thinking. Maybe I didn't give the "New PCM" enought time? Then when I switched back it was really confused.

Reactions: John

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Blaine
www.tcdiesel.com
Truck Year
I doubt Alfa is capable of reprograming Different ECM, You will need the Ing/Key Code and PIN #s. their will be most likely a VIN Mismatch.
Once the modules detect changes NOT approved it will default to protection mode that's why it starts and Die's.

Its best to re-write VIN and Reflash to that Vin#.Requires WITech.

rpols7

Nov 30, 2019
New Jersey
Truck Year
I doubt Alfa is capable of reprograming Different ECM, You will need the Ing/Key Code and PIN #s. their will be most likely a VIN Mismatch.
Once the modules detect changes NOT approved it will default to protection mode that's why it starts and Die's.

I have read where many have successfully wrote to another ECM. I was able to write the injector codes and it DID change the current vin on the unit. I will try it again when I have more time.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Blaine
www.tcdiesel.com
Truck Year
On same ECM/PCM Yes, On different ECM/PCM.

Changing is allowable on Current functional ECM/PCM, Install different W/O WITECH and you will have trouble. Sales code line sheets ,etc.

You also do not know what current Versions are installed, Also The PIN/and Codes will differ, If you loose your KEYS it will cost 1000s to replace, don't think for even 1 millisecond you have command of your modules with Alfa.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
San Diego County
www.johnfjensen.com
Truck Year
TC,
Here, from another forum's member is a PDF file showing how to do it with AlfaOBD. Many have successfully done it.

Attachments

John

Nov 13, 2015
On same ECM/PCM Yes, On different ECM/PCM.

Changing is allowable on Current functional ECM/PCM, Install different W/O WITECH and you will have trouble. Sales code line sheets ,etc.

You also do not know what current Versions are installed, Also The PIN/and Codes will differ, If you loose your KEYS it will cost 1000s to replace, don't think for even 1 millisecond you have command of your modules with Alfa.
My money says TC is absolutely correct on this one. While many have reprogrammed VIN and injector codes with alpha I doubt all parameters are correct.

Rick Story

Feb 12, 2020
Bethlehem, PA
Truck Year
Hoping someone can help me.... I just ordered an OBDlink MX+ with Bluetooth and am downloading the software this weekend. I have an old android phone and several android devices - all with Bluetooth.
Do I still need to purchase cables or can I plug the alphaOBDLink MX+ into the port and connect via Bluetooth on my android device?
Thank you in advance
Rixtory