• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hesitation when accelerating?

Deegle

Mar 19, 2023
Truck Year
Hello All!

I have a 2015 Ecodiesel with 106k miles. It is stock but for a K&N cold air intake. I use hotshots fuel treatment regularly. Lately it has been hesitating under acceleration. If I floor it, the hesitation is very bad and the truck jerks violently. This is particularly pronounced when the vehicle is cold. Sometimes when I drive it though, it is fine and does not hesitate at all. Any ideas?

Thanks!

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
This is likely your problem, in addition You are hoping you Don't have warped Intake valves.

Attachments

• Ecodiesel_3.0_intake_Plenum_sooted.jpeg
    Ecodiesel_3.0_intake_Plenum_sooted.jpeg
    315.9 KB · Views: 29
  • Plenum_3.0_intake_Swirl.jpeg
    Plenum_3.0_intake_Swirl.jpeg
    316.5 KB · Views: 24

Deegle

Mar 19, 2023
Truck Year
Thank you. Is it difficult to remove and clean?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
At Your Mileage Replace...Have you had the ERG update done?

mikep4363

Aug 11, 2023
Truck Year
Hi gents,
Any updates on this hesitation issue. I find it more prominent in morning Start...I did replace fuel filter, and intake manifold. My manifold was really gunked up but I cleaned the runners and replaced manifold....still exhibiting same symptoms. No codes at all...I'm pointing towards fuel pressure. Any thoughts

Forgot to mention it's a 2015 with about 120xxx miles