• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hey GTA CANUCKS I'm cheap but want quality. Here is what I've found.

Aug 31, 2020
Truck Year
I will share for the GTA 🍁's found DEF fluid for $9.99 for 2.5 gal (9.45L) @ Toronto Trailers https://www.torontotrailers.com (1/2 price from what I've seen). (I'm a Notorious stock piler and penny pincher) Will be stocking up tomorrow and will post if any issues. (sign up for the emails and get 20% off or $20 off first $100 purchase something like that.

Also for the Canadians that don't know Rock Auto https://www.rockauto.com/en is the go to for parts. Oil filters, fuel filters, air filters. Pads you name it. It's either the best price or low enough and good quality you don't need to look around. With shipping and duty is still a better deal than local.

I've read that WIX are the best replacement filters.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Great White, if your cheap Distilled water is 0.89 PG, on 2014 You are welcome to run 90/10 DS/Urea (DEF). 2017 up has the sensor (urea) in most Ram DEF (Tank) those owners will need to run 2.5 Gallons of DEF to 1 Gallon DS, to stay above the 22% trigger message.

Aug 31, 2020
Truck Year
Great White, if your cheap Distilled water is 0.89 PG, on 2014 You are welcome to run 90/10 DS/Urea (DEF). 2017 up has the sensor (urea) in most Ram DEF (Tank) those owners will need to run 2.5 Gallons of DEF to 1 Gallon DS, to stay above the 22% trigger message.
Good to know. Thanks!

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
DS Stops the (DEF) injector and pump issues. My 2013 6.7 has 46K miles and sits outside, Year round No problems

Aug 31, 2020
Truck Year
DS Stops the (DEF) injector and pump issues. My 2013 6.7 has 46K miles and sits outside, Year round No problems
Not sure if I would use distilled water as it still contains minerals that could build over time and cause issues. Deionized water (like in the DEF itself) is as much or more per gallon/liter than DEF (at least where I've looked in Canada). Still value the input and sharing. But you may want to switch to deionized water, unless that's what you are using. Cheers!

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Distilled (DS) water will out live deionized water, and is readily available. I left 1 Gallon of DS sit for 5 years in the shop I used back in 2018 problem free. Each process has unique values, DI cost less and processing is much faster, IMO that's why DI is used in Retail DEF.

Rebelguy2020

Aug 29, 2020
Truck Year
I was able to buy DEF through my work, the company buys it from Grainger Canada, for some reason they buy it in 3.78L jugs @ $4.58 each. The online list price is $9.31 per jug, so that is a huge discount. Shop around, you have a lot more buying choices in the GTA area compared to myself, 8 hours north in northern Ontario.

Aug 31, 2020
Truck Year
I was able to buy DEF through my work, the company buys it from Grainger Canada, for some reason they buy it in 3.78L jugs @ $4.58 each. The online list price is $9.31 per jug, so that is a huge discount. Shop around, you have a lot more buying choices in the GTA area compared to myself, 8 hours north in northern Ontario.
Just had a look on Grainger and it's about $9/gal or 3.78L I found it for essentially $3.99/gal ($9.99 for 2.5gal). I will always hunt out a deal but I got around a year supply so I'm good for awhile. Thanks for the the input though.