• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

HID vs LED

eljefe

May 19, 2018
Truck Year
Projector headlights

- HID is the brightest but don't have a long life span
- LED is not as bright, but definitely last longer

Is the price or replacing the HID all the time worth the extra brightness?
What are you running as a HID or LED in your projector headlights?
Any military get a discount through a certain company?

Thanks all.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Have to disagree with " - HID is the brightest but don't have a long life span"
Had HIDs on my 2006 Ford F350, & my Avalon, Have them on my Ram 2016 1500 and my 2005 Jeep rock crawler, have never had to replace an HID. Same story with my son's several trucks, Excursion and jeeps.
Have had problems with ballasts but never with the HID bulbs

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
led r better than hid and last way longer
Disagree - have several vehicles converted to HID.
None ever burned out and all are much brighter and reach further than LEDs.
I've seen too many LEDs that are just throwing light everywhere. HIDs are controllable.

Factory LEDs are very good, it's the aftermarket ones that may or may not be good.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I ordered a led set from diode dynamic that have been awesome! The problem with led as stated is they throw light everywhere, if they are not “clocked” correctly. Diode dynamic bulbs came preset per the vehicle you order them for, and mimic factory throw with a lot whiter, cleaner, and I honestly don’t need headlights with them in my fog lights! Can’t speak to the lifespan but if I remember right, they come with a 5 year warranty.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I ordered a led set from diode dynamic that have been awesome! The problem with led as stated is they throw light everywhere, if they are not “clocked” correctly. Diode dynamic bulbs came preset per the vehicle you order them for, and mimic factory throw with a lot whiter, cleaner, and I honestly don’t need headlights with them in my fog lights! Can’t speak to the lifespan but if I remember right, they come with a 5 year warranty.
Do you have a link to the product?
Thanks

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Do you have a link to the product?
Thanks
My brother just put LED bulbs in his 2016 3500. He too had trouble finding bulbs that would clock easily and did not throw light everywhere. He bought bulbs from https://www.headlightexperts.com/. They were 50.00 each, installed easily. were easy to clock and adjust. He's been very satisfied and has not had anyone flash him.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Much like the life of my truck, the bulbs I purchased have a recall 🤣🤣 brighter than dot standards for the sl1 headlight bulb. I think Amazon still has a couple sets floating around.

Stewart

Sep 4, 2019
Truck Year
Related to this topic- The inside of my driver side headlight lens is not a little fogged but like a rainforest on my 2015. If I go in to replace lamps what can I do to help that? I can't see a crack in the lens.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Front High Beams - Quad - 9005LL.
Front Low Beams - Quad - H11LL.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Halogen

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year