• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

High Lord Gomer aka Mike Nyland

High Lord Gomer

Aug 7, 2022
Truck Year
HLG has been my username since newgroups in the 90s and on into forums.

Recently picked up a 2016 Ecodiesel that seems to be drinking coolant. Appreciate all of the help, here.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
There's a recall, VB1, that replaces the EGR cooler. The original coolers were leaking and causing intake fires destroying the vehicle.

Go HERE, enter your VIN # and it will tell you if the recall has been completed or not.

High Lord Gomer

Aug 7, 2022
Truck Year
:cry: Mine was done in 2019. An exhaust leak is making its way into the cooling system. If I fill it to the bottom line in the morning, drive 25 miles to work and back, and let it sit until completely cool the next morning, there is still a ton of pressure when I take the coolant cap off and put almost a quart in to get it back to the bottom line.

I did buy the kit that changes color if it detects exhaust gasses in the air you pull from the radiator and it was obviously positive. The diesel mechanic I took it to said the same thing. Unfortunately he has never worked on an ecodiesel and was told by another mechanic that is certified to work on them that special tools are needed for that motor.

Could it be anything other than a leaking head gasket to over-pressure the cooling system and blow water out?

Anyone have any suggestions for a mechanic in the Augusta, Columbia, or Atlanta areas?