• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hot One To Watch

CaptainMal

Oct 26, 2015
Truck Year

Hope this link will work. Probably an EGR stuck open to heat things up and take it all down.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
The link works. That really sucks, I feel sorry for the lady. Yep - probably a stuck open EGR.

That's another good reason why I have a tune and don't have an engine cover or the foam. I just don't understand why FCA would go with a plastic intake.

CaptainMal

Oct 26, 2015
Truck Year
No. Not mine.

Curious that the fireman emptied 2-3 extinguishers and did near nothing to the fire. That hood sure fuels it. Took way more than anyone would carry in their truck to get that one out.

Actually after 5 1/2 years and 114,000 miles I just traded mine. Need to update my information.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
I knew it wasn't you. If it was you there would be a lot more unusual wording ha,ha

Yes, I thought the same thing, my in-cab extinguisher would be useless. Hopefully, if it ever happened I could get to it before it reached that point.

Then I thought maybe the firefighters were using the hand extinguishers to get to it fast while the hose was being activated.

I've been following your new purchase posts - that's a great truck & engine for sure.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
how many more r going to burn before fmc is held responcable

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Beautiful truck and the best engine!

CaptainMal

Oct 26, 2015
Truck Year
Just to make it clear - I flat out had near 100% success with my Ecodiesel for all those years and miles. The wife thought a 1500 was flimsy in construction. She did not like the hot-running engine and transmission on Western mountain grades pulling the toy hauler. It still pulled well but she does not like to slow down and the bitching was eating into my psyche.

We came from an '04 Cummins that I bought new and put 242K miles on. It was smaller and not such a creature as this new one, though the ride sucked like my Ecodiesel did. This new one is impervious to road irregularities. I mean real smooth with "regal aplomb".

Now I had GDE. Without a variation of that, like SFT or the HD Diesel offering, you are literally and figuratively "playing with fire". None of that was an issue with my change. Dealer gave me around $25K against MSRP, an actual $18K against any kind big of discount I might have hoped for and fought to negotiate. That was far more than Kelly Blue Book or anything I could have sold it for. Happened to be there. She was there too. It kind of fell together.

Miss the great fuel mileage of my Ecodiesel. Hope this one will improve. A good running Ecodiesel is a quality product that gives major satisfaction.

Staying on the Ecodiesel forums if I feel something from my experience will be helpful.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year

CaptainMal

Oct 26, 2015
Truck Year
Yeah John. Both consumer Reports and AllPar have that EGR recall in discussion. This is going to be a major expense into the 100's of millions of dollars.

Talk is of only a few fires and four minor injuries. ???? Been looking at Ecodiesels burned up for a couple years now. Few my butt. Few hundred maybe. The EGR leak is just a symptom of more to come. Sad as the package when operating with a good tune cutting out that EGR sure is a sweet-running package.

Now why is this NOT happening with the same package in the Jeeps? Makes me wonder.