• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How to tell if your ECU has been tuned.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
GDE and HD Diesel lower the cruise control down to 15mph. OE is 25mph. Not sure about other tunes.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
if its a late model open the door put in gear if it drives its tuned

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
i had a 2918 when new started truck opened door truck would not move tuned it then it would move bought a wrangler open door wont move fmc is half junk i dont know if the older ecos had that feature

Micahbarnard

Dec 25, 2020
Truck Year
i had a 2918 when new started truck opened door truck would not move tuned it then it would move bought a wrangler open door wont move fmc is half junk i dont know if the older ecos had that feature
I’m not familiar with “fmc”? Is this an exhaust filtering device or something?

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
they make the ram and all other mopar fmc is fiat motor company they also make jeep

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I couldn’t remember, if I had my truck I would have given it a shot to confirm but she’s been at body shop for 4 months now.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
I couldn’t remember, if I had my truck I would have given it a shot to confirm but she’s been at body shop for 4 months now.
Bummer!

JDE

Jan 5, 2021
Truck Year
I just joined recently so I have some questions.
First off I have a new 2019 Ram eco diesel that does not even have one oil change yet and this is my first diesel so all of this is new to me.
So I am not sure what a ECU is or even how to tune it, or what benefit it is to tune it.
But I did but it in gear and it did not move.
Please send information as Knowledge is Power

Thanks

Micahbarnard

Dec 25, 2020
Truck Year
The ECU is the computer that runs your engine. An ECU tune is when a company rewrites the software that run the engine and optimizes it. Making it work better. On the Eco Diesel engine, tunes can make a big difference in the mileage, engine life, and power.