• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hpfp

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
That’s a snazzy idea, I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to find room for it.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
It will have little to NO effect on why CP4s fail, You better off adding Auxiliary Filtration.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
It says on their listing it won’t stop the pump from failing, but it will save your injectors and rail from debris. Not sure exactly what they’re doing unless they’re shooting it back to the tank

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
That's exactly what they are doing, eventually some will make it to the combustion side and you still will be spending $$$$$

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Tc, is there anyway to do like a high flow fuel filter between the pump and rail to keep out the crap?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Unfortunately NO on OEM setup, The CP4 used on the Eco has NO Gear Pump like the Cummins, Duramax CP4. The system needs 55PSI+ to operate and that just to much pressure for any (additional) Filter to effective and not interrupt the volume. Now that being said If you drop the tank and use Cummins in tank pump module and change the CP4 to GP CP4 you only need to feed the GP CP4 psi 6-15 , the GP produces 25Hg and will lift the internal pressure of the CP4 75 to XXX PSI ,whatever the COV is set at. Some Cummins owners have 3+ Filters on their Direct OEM Setup problem free.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Deff will have to look into this. I’m at 147k and unsure if mine has been replaced yet

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Tremper, Your better off installing Auxiliary filtration. My Eco had the same setup.

2013 Dual Fuel_Filter (1) - Copy.JPG

Stacy

Nov 15, 2020
Truck Year
Thank you for the advice, Its appreciated. I do agree the additional filtration is beneficial but it will have no benefits in stopping the metal created by the cp4 unless that contaminated fuel was sent back to the tank to be ran through those filters. From my understanding the fuel is sent to the pump where it is used to lubricate the pump (where the metal mixes in the fuel). Then it splits either to the high pressure system or back to the tank. So all the fuel going to the tank or high pressure system could be contaminated. The bipass splits the fuel before it goes into the pump. One side of the split goes to lubricate the pump which only returns to the tank. The other side of the split send filtered fuel to the high pressure system. That means all the fuel that is used to lubricate the pump can only return to the tank to be ran through the filters again. Only fuel which as been ran through filters can go to the high pressure side.
I am going to run the bypass kit with additional filters. Yes the pump might go but if the rest of the system can be saved.
I agree in additional filters but they dont really help if they can't filter the metal. Accept the obvious of keeping the fuel going to the pump cleaner to extend the longevity of the pump. That's why the bi pass to separate the fuel into two sections so only filtered fuel enters the high pressure side.
I will let you guys know what it takes to adapt the bypass if I can be adapted.

Again I appreciate everyone's help and advice. Also if I misunderstood how the system works please let me know. I attached diagrams.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201123-221254_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20201123-221254_YouTube.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20201123-221245_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20201123-221245_YouTube.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 5

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The COV determines the Delivery, that bypass will have little to at Times NO effect, on High fuel demands.

The CP4 with downstream fuel (electronic) regulation will return the fuel that's not needed.

The bypass will have on a scale 0-10 effect will be a 2, your better off spending the money on better filtration.